Leveling 3*s?

Options
So yeah,

I've got a bunch of ISO and a smallish herd of under-covered, under-leveled 3*s that have been sitting around.

I'm pretty sure I've read that before 10-ish covers, 3*s aren't all that effective as compared to 2*s. Are there any benefits to leveling a 2-6 cover 3*? Any drawbacks? If it's doable, is there a maximum safe level?

TIA!

DBC

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I've read that before 10-ish covers, 3*s aren't all that effective as compared to 2*s. Are there any benefits to leveling a 2-6 cover 3*? Any drawbacks? If it's doable, is there a maximum safe level?

Sure, depending on the covers you have.

First any usable character you have will increase your play time without health packs. They also give you better options in PvE with required/boosted characters.

And there are plenty of characters who are damned useful with 6 covers. At the extreme, a Hood with 5 blue is awesome regardless of his other covers. But a 2/2/2 Patch is also quite useful. A Falcon with I think 3 blue changes the way PvE Goon fight look forever. A Hulk with a couple of black covers can already be used for Hulk Bombing and feed an Ares or similar. Luke Cage with 2-3 red can significantly increase your team's durability.

The maximum safe level is their maximum level. It gives them more ability to do damage but also lets them tank things, giving you more health per health pack. And the rumours that character levels affect your scaling significantly are just that, rumours. It's all about past performance and performance in the current event. (Though better characters will tend to improve your performance.)
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Eddiemon has been around longer than I and is probably spot on, but I have a different view. I too had a lot of 3* in desperate need of iso. Then the clouds parted and R75 appeared, offering blessings and love. So I took that iso and made it rain! I leveled all the 3*'s that needed it. But I am keeping those that can go higher at or just under 94 for now.

I only have a few characters that can go further and I don't want to hamstring myself by being reliant on them alone. None of my 3*'s are well covered and I don't want to stray too far until they can stand on their own, I'd say 8-9 covers at least.