Cannot Update (Android)

DrStrange-616
DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
I get the in-game message that an update is available. I select update. It opens a new window and takes me to the MPQ Google Play store page, but the only option is open. There is no update available.

Android 4.4.4

Comments

• cydude808
    cydude808 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Same here.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Same here. Android 5.0.1
  • Zantom
    Zantom Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I get the message when I load the game that there is a new update. I open Play store and it just has "Open" not "Update" available. It just loops like this for me. I tried rebooting, not sure what else to do. I am not going to uninstall and reinstall.

Anyone else seeing this?

(I have Galaxy Note 4 with lollipop, if that matters)
  • I am having the same issue.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    I have the same problem. nice that the ios and steam users get a head start.
  • Same here. Someone jump the gun?
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Same here. Someone jump the gun?

I think so. I'm not getting the in-game prompt anymore.
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Hey all,

It's taking a bit for the update to be available from the Play servers. We have turned off the message until it is available in the store (which should be shortly).

Thanks!
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the response Anthony. Good to know the status.
  • By now it should be up, but its not for me. When I search MPQ on google play, in the list of apps (before selecting it) it says 'update' and I can click the little menu button in there and confirm the update, but then nothing happens. If I open the app page itself the button says "update" but in a blink it changes to "open" and I cant update from there.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Yup, I still have not been prompted for the update since they took away the false prompts last night. And I go directly to Google Play and it just says "Open" not "Update". What's going on?
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Hey all,

The update is available on the Google Play Store and we have turned back on the notification to update the app.

Thanks.
  • Two days, game prompts me for update every time, Google play store has no update available.

It does have this shiny "uninstall" button...
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Xeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    I'm getting the same issue. The prompt takes me to the play store for the update but the update doesn't actually exist. Searching the Play store says there is an update available until you tap on it, then it changes to Open.
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Xeonic-Ice wrote:
    I'm getting the same issue. The prompt takes me to the play store for the update but the update doesn't actually exist. Searching the Play store says there is an update available until you tap on it, then it changes to Open.

Hey Xeonic-Ice,

My guess is that you had a cached version of the game on the Play Store and by manually searching for the game, the cache was updated. If you haven't updated yet, I'd be interested to see if once you are able to see the update in the store if the notification would properly send you the download page and you could could see the "update" button.

-Anthony
  • Step one: open game
    Step two: pop up to update
    Step three: tap link, get taken to Google play store
    Step four: have option to uninstall or open

or

Step one: open Google play store
    Step two: search marvel puzzle quest
    Step three: tap little icon for mpq that says "update"
    Step for: arrive at page where I can choose to uninstall or open mpq

I could post a screenshot, but I'm not sure how to upload the image from my phone into the forum.
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Xeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    Xeonic-Ice wrote:

Hey Xeonic-Ice,

My guess is that you had a cached version of the game on the Play Store and by manually searching for the game, the cache was updated. If you haven't updated yet, I'd be interested to see if once you are able to see the update in the store if the notification would properly send you the download page and you could could see the "update" button.

-Anthony

Looks like going to the Settings > Storage > Applications > Google Play Store, then clearing my cache, immediately changed the button in the Play store from OPEN to UPDATE. I was able to download and install after that.
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    CrashCrash wrote:
    Step one: open game
    Step two: pop up to update
    Step three: tap link, get taken to Google play store
    Step four: have option to uninstall or open

or

Step one: open Google play store
    Step two: search marvel puzzle quest
    Step three: tap little icon for mpq that says "update"
    Step for: arrive at page where I can choose to uninstall or open mpq

I could post a screenshot, but I'm not sure how to upload the image from my phone into the forum.

Hey CrashCrash,

Sorry to hear about that =/ Can you try what Xeonic-Ice suggested? Settings > Storage > Applications > Google Play Store, then clear the cache.

As for pictures, The easiest way to get Screenshots in my opinion is to use the IMGUR app.
    (after installing the IMGUR app)
    1) Take Screenshot
    2) Open IMGUR app
    3) Click the upload button in the top right hand corner
    4) Select "device"
    5) Select the screenshot and select "OK"
    6) In your notification panel, there is a notification that the file has been uploaded. Select that.
    7) Copy the link at the top
    8) When composing a reply or a thread, click the "Img" button at the top
    9) put the URL in-between the tags.
  • After rebooting my phone the update showed up in the Play store.
  • polecat
    polecat Posts: 22
    Clearing the cache fixed my issue. Thank you!