After R75: 1 iso to the next level

Vladdy
Vladdy Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
After updating to R75 and looking at my roster I see a lot of characters (all characters that are not maxed and 3* or 4*) that can get to the next level for 1 iso.

Is that normal?

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vladdy wrote:
    After updating to R75 and looking at my roster I see a lot of characters (all characters that are not maxed and 3* or 4*) that can get to the next level for 1 XP.

Is that normal?

Shh, not something we want them to notice and fix!
  • Per all the other threads on the subject, this appears to be normal. All characters that can go up a level should be boosted to being 1 ISO away from their next level.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Vladdy wrote:
    After updating to R75 and looking at my roster I see a lot of characters (all characters that are not maxed and 3* or 4*) that can get to the next level for 1 XP.

Is that normal?

It's probably so that partially-leveled characters (something other than 0/XXX) don't cause issues. Imagine if you had 500/800 XP put into a character, and the XP required for that particular level was reduced to 400, leaving you with 500/400 XP. It would probably cause problems, and would certainly break the leaderboards.

This way, they don't need to track the current amount of ISO put into the character, just the current level. By putting all characters at their previous level, and 1 XP away from the next level, everyone's guaranteed to be in the same or better position.
  • Vladdy
    Alexraven wrote:
    Per all the other threads on the subject, this appears to be normal. All characters that can go up a level should be boosted to being 1 ISO away from their next level.

Thanks icon_e_smile.gif
  • Vladdy
    Vladdy wrote:

Is that normal?

It's probably so that partially-leveled characters (something other than 0/XXX) don't cause issues. Imagine if you had 500/800 XP put into a character, and the XP required for that particular level was reduced to 400, leaving you with 500/400 XP. It would probably cause problems, and would certainly break the leaderboards.

This way, they don't need to track the current amount of ISO put into the character, just the current level. By putting all characters at their previous level, and 1 XP away from the next level, everyone's guaranteed to be in the same or better position.

sounds reasonable, thanks
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    The real problem with this is that each time I press it to start leveling another character, the instantaneous level up notification gives me false hope that they finally added a +1 Level button.

Then the scrolling bar for the next level dashes those hopes, and reminds me not to dream.
  • Vladdy
    The real problem with this is that each time I press it to start leveling another character, the instantaneous level up notification gives me false hope that they finally added a +1 Level button.

Then the scrolling bar for the next level dashes those hopes, and reminds me not to dream.

true icon_e_smile.gif

me wants the +1 level button too
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Wow, these are some pretty drastic reductions at the early levels. I almost with I hadn't levelled up my Scarlet Witch during Ultron, but lord knows it helped. I knew these changes were coming, so that's on me, but man this makes a big difference.