token pull rates are disheartening

grunth13
grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
You know what is disheartening, pulling a SQ purple when you have maxed her purple. I have only 2 yellow and 0 green. Its already extremely hard to pull a 3 star but then you have to have the right 3 star and then you have to have the right color. so that is 28% to pull a 3star (not even counting the 4 star), then 2.9% chance to pull the right character, then 33.33% to get the right color. That is extremely low chance of getting the cover that you need. So the chance of you pulling the right cover is 0.268% (.28x.029x.33x100). Math whizzes, please check my math, but that if that is correct, I think that is disheartening. Maybe they can change that to you pull a 3 star token which gives you a certain character and you get to choose the color you want. That would still only be a 0.8% chance to get the right character. Maybe if they are feeling extremely generous, they could let us pay 500 iso or some other reasonable fee (not HP) to retry for another guaranteed 3 star but only if you already have the first character maxed. It would be generous without being too generous and it could help some of the vets out that have a few 3 star character maxed.

Comments

• Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Yup, I suggested over in the suggestions forums that tokens grant you a cover for the character it yielded, giving you a credit for one of the covers. Pve and Pvp events could continue giving specific cover rewards, but tokens should give credit.

I've been in the same boat-- DD with 0 red, and 9 blues now. An 8th Gamora red, 8th R&G green, etc.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Azoic wrote:
    Yup, I suggested over in the suggestions forums that tokens grant you a cover for the character it yielded, giving you a credit for one of the covers. Pve and Pvp events could continue giving specific cover rewards, but tokens should give credit.

I've been in the same boat-- DD with 0 red, and 9 blues now. An 8th Gamora red, 8th R&G green, etc.

We need a trading post, scrapped 4 or 5 SG yellows (5/4/2) , 2 R&G blues (0/2/5), countless doom black and purple ( he is at 5/1/5, ugh) etc.. Hate selling 3* covers, when i need other colors on the same char.
  • veneretio
    veneretio Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Being able to convert covers for a character to a different colour using hero points would be cool and hopefully still be profitable to them.
  • There is an uproar among the pulls from compensatory Ultron event tokens going on that add to token pull percentage misery. Maybe that's just an exaggeration but certainly many agree with this topic. I certainly do as for all tokens I earned throughout both Ultron events, no featured characters or any 3*'s for that matter. This includes the 4 free post event tokens. I thought D3 was supposed to increase/adjust token pull percentages? If they did, I surely did not benefit from it at all.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    There is an uproar among the pulls from compensatory Ultron event tokens going on that add to token pull percentage misery. Maybe that's just an exaggeration but certainly many agree with this topic. I certainly do as for all tokens I earned throughout both Ultron events, no featured characters or any 3*'s for that matter. This includes the 4 free post event tokens. I thought D3 was supposed to increase/adjust token pull percentages? If they did, I surely did not benefit from it at all.

Same, tokens are compensation for the lucky only.
  • veneretio wrote:
    Being able to convert covers for a character to a different colour using hero points would be cool and hopefully still be profitable to them.
    Or convert them on 3:1 or 5:1 on another cover you need.
  • Malcrof
    The worst are PVP event tokens, you fight your way to 300, which is not always easy, to get a 2* ****. Those are the ones i would want better odds on, since you have to fight others with more covers than you to even get to it.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's disheartening is pulling 3* Thor Yellow 3 times in 1 week during Ultron. While every other player has been stating that yellow is so difficult to obtain, I've been sitting at 2/5/2 for months. I ended up buying a roster slot just for my 3* Thor with 3 Yellow.. might as well!

Next will be my Doom 1/5/0 that I keep getting blues for and Loki 2/1/5 with the nonstop greens! icon_evil.gif
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    This game is month's overdue for a 3* token. With PvP as an example, the 300 token can stay as is, that 800 token should be a 3* token.

Personally I think the deadpool daily token should be this token. I'd change DDQ to reward 1 cover and 1 token. Whichever characters are available that week in DDQ are what you can draw. No hoarding, no saving til next week, if you don't need any from this weeks draw, sell for iso.
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    grunth13 wrote:
    so that is 28% to pull a 3star (not even counting the 4 star), then 2.9% chance to pull the right character, then 33.33% to get the right color. That is extremely low chance of getting the cover that you need. So the chance of you pulling the right cover is 0.268% (.28x.029x.33x100). Math whizzes, please check my math, but that if that is correct, I think that is disheartening.

Checking math:
    1. So they said 3* Heroic 1x token rates would go from 23% to 28% ...but they actually were at 18.6% before and are now at 22.8%. (38 heros x 0.6%)
    2. There are 38 3* available now = 2.63% chance of getting the exact 3* you want
    3. It's easier to just divide the 0.6% stated chance of getting a given 3* by 3 colors = 0.2% chance of getting the color you want
  • I had to weigh in, because my firsthand experience at the moment is kind of hilarious...

I currently have 50+ "heroes to recruit" from all of my opened Standard, Heroic, DDQ, PVE, PVP, Ultron, and compensation tokens over the past few weeks. I have so many stacked up because I'm hoping to be able to afford another roster slot soonish, and I'm not interested in hand-selecting and selling 50 characters (slot the 3*, then hit "sell all.").

My current stash? A 3* Gamora, and the rest are 1* and 2*s...

Full disclosure, I did pull a 3* Spidey from a DDQ token (This week? Last week? Recently anyway.), so that would bring me to two 3*s.

Not sure if I should be icon_lol.gif or icon_cry.gif ...

DBC
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Totally anecdotal, but I've pulled significantly more Gold covers from tokens in the last couple of weeks than ever before, including a Hulkbuster redflag.png during the Ultron event and an X-Force yellowflag.png today.

Thank Jeebus for the reduced ISO costs, because my roster has become far more covered of late. Today I noticed quite unexpectedly that my She Hulk is now fully covered (and optimally!)

Your mileage may vary
  • Malcrof
    Aidonis wrote:
    This game is month's overdue for a 3* token. With PvP as an example, the 300 token can stay as is, that 800 token should be a 3* token.

Personally I think the deadpool daily token should be this token. I'd change DDQ to reward 1 cover and 1 token. Whichever characters are available that week in DDQ are what you can draw. No hoarding, no saving til next week, if you don't need any from this weeks draw, sell for iso.

I keep track of DPD tokens.. 32 in a row with no 3* pull or HP. Can't complain too much, as we get a 3* cover for finishing, add in the loads of ISO plus the 500 iso for the tokens, it is worth it.

But once a month or so i would like to see that little gold emblem pop up.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Aidonis wrote:

I keep track of DPD tokens.. 32 in a row with no 3* pull or HP. Can't complain too much, as we get a 3* cover for finishing, add in the loads of ISO plus the 500 iso for the tokens, it is worth it.

But once a month or so i would like to see that little gold emblem pop up.

Same here... DPD has been very unkind to me. I was overjoyed when I just pulled a SheHulk cover on a DPD token... But then saw it was red (I was sitting at 4 red covers), and I was one day away from getting that 5th red cover in EotS anyways. Ugh.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    What's disheartening is pulling 3* Thor Yellow 3 times in 1 week during Ultron. While every other player has been stating that yellow is so difficult to obtain, I've been sitting at 2/5/2 for months. I ended up buying a roster slot just for my 3* Thor with 3 Yellow.. might as well!

Next will be my Doom 1/5/0 that I keep getting blues for and Loki 2/1/5 with the nonstop greens! icon_evil.gif

Totally. I could've built another star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png with 0/5/0. greenflag.png is by far the rarist for me (& icon_blackpanther.pngblackflag.png)