Possible 20 Iso Reward Solution

Options
Let's be honest...everyone hates the 20 ISO reward.

The 20 ISO reward used to not really bother me before because I'd just shrug my shoulders, say RNG, and move on to the next battle. After the 2 weeks of Ultron my opinion kinda changed about this as I had some intense battles leaving me victorious with damn near no health only to get a 20 ISO reward for my efforts.

This got me thinking WHAT IF... there was a post match reward system for ISO that rewarded you based on performance rather than pure RNG?!

I'm obviously not thinking unrealistically and expecting to get 5000 ISO every match or even for it to be exploitable as you could implement some sort of diminishing return on people trying to replay the same matches to abuse it and farm easy ISO. Just something that recognizes all the effort you just put into that crazy battle you just had with something more than 20 ISO, or as my alliance-mate puts it a slap in the nuts. icon_lol.gif

Some examples off the top of my head:

Win with no health lost - +50 ISO
Win without using Super Powers - +100 ISO
Win using a team of Avengers - +15 ISO
Win within X amount of turns - +125 ISO
Enemies killed - +10 ISO per enemy downed
Remaining character's true health converts into iso at an exchange rate of maybe every 200 HP or something = +1 ISO

The possibilities are virtually endless for what you could give bonuses for and I think if executed correctly could make some otherwise mundane matches have a little spice to them all while helping us get ISO easier. This would also allow better 1 of 4 possible rewards which could include everything from covers to power-ups.

Tl;dr Magneto was right.

Comments

• BillyBobJoe
    BillyBobJoe Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Totally love that idea. Get bonus iso based on performance rather than RNG.

But forget grinding Ultron, he was easy. I'm talking about beating level 395 Juggernaut, Ares, Daken and only getting 20 Iso. The ratio of compensation to the challenge is way off balance.
  • Unknown
    Options
    What I was thinking was something simple and straightforward that doesn't lend itself to gaming the system so much and reflects challenge: reward in ISO the average level of your opponents. Defeat 3 166s, get 166 ISO. Defeat 3 100s, get 100 ISO. Etc.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whatever RNG they use to determine DeadPool Points would work for me, just take one digit off the amount so it's hundreds instead of thousands.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have an even better solution.

GET RID OF THE 20-ISO "REWARD"
  • Unknown
    Options
    Totally love that idea. Get bonus iso based on performance rather than RNG.

But forget grinding Ultron, he was easy. I'm talking about beating level 395 Juggernaut, Ares, Daken and only getting 20 Iso. The ratio of compensation to the challenge is way off balance.

Thanks and I totally agree!
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    What I was thinking was something simple and straightforward that doesn't lend itself to gaming the system so much and reflects challenge: reward in ISO the average level of your opponents. Defeat 3 166s, get 166 ISO. Defeat 3 100s, get 100 ISO. Etc.
    JVReal wrote:
    Whatever RNG they use to determine DeadPool Points would work for me, just take one digit off the amount so it's hundreds instead of thousands.

Also great options which would require even less input/thinking from the development stand point.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I really like this idea. How about expanding it so that even if you don't win, if you fulfill certain conditions you still get "consolation prize" ISO. Like, 10 for each enemy character downed - so you get something out of those down-to-the-wire fights where the AI gets a lucky cascade and wipes out your last guy with only 100 health left.
  • Unknown
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    I really like this idea. How about expanding it so that even if you don't win, if you fulfill certain conditions you still get "consolation prize" ISO. Like, 10 for each enemy character downed - so you get something out of those down-to-the-wire fights where the AI gets a lucky cascade and wipes out your last guy with only 100 health left.

Yeah that's not a bad idea, heck the win itself could even count for +/- ISO as well.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm okay with the idea of leaving the 20 ISO reward, but also having a fight counter for something like "After XX of these fights you win YYYYYY". Numbers and rewards scaled appropriately.

Or even, a redemption table like XX points for a standard token, YY points for a heroic token, ZZ points for an event token, AA points for 1k ISO, BB points for a roster slot, etc.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mouser wrote:
    I'm okay with the idea of leaving the 20 ISO reward, but also having a fight counter for something like "After XX of these fights you win YYYYYY". Numbers and rewards scaled appropriately.

Or even, a redemption table like XX points for a standard token, YY points for a heroic token, ZZ points for an event token, AA points for 1k ISO, BB points for a roster slot, etc.

that is called a PVE