In-battle UI suggestion. Special tile totals.

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
I've thought for a little while now, especially during survival nodes, that it would be nice to see what the current situation in terms of special tiles is.
So, for example, it would be nice if, after having used Falcon's purple, Steve's blue and perhaps Patch's green several times that there's a tally somewhere saying
protect.png - 1,857
strike.png - 923
attack.png - 150

Same on the opposing team side. Sometimes I lose track of protect tiles, and with Falcon buffing random specials tiles all over the place it's not simply a matter of multiplying Falcon's 12 protect tiles by their strength. It would be nice to see what my current defense is so I know what could sneak by, if anything. I've been nervous before about suddenly a wild Black Panther showing up with 24 black, only to find his 3,000 damage brushed against my cheek like a dandelion seed blown from an asthmatic child. Or worrying that I have no protection and just hope this next match will do the 150 + 2000 strike damage I need to knock this guy out.

Also for survival nodes, it would be nice to know how many rounds are left. Often I'm saving up a few moves, whittling a guy down while I gather AP, then hit him with something so it's still my turn and...oh. Victory. Kinda wasted my time.

[Edit] GuntherBlobel suggested showing the strongest colour, too. I assume he means for minion fights or similar where the enemy have all got the same value for every colour, yet somehow AP stealing abilities pick the same colour out of all of them to manipulate. Good point, too.

Comments

• hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    I was just thinking about this yesterday. It was during a survival match, and I was trying to figure out if I could take out the goon that owned a specific countdown tile before it went off. I had strike and attack tiles, they had defense tiles....it was impossible to do the math, and I thought, ya know....if they just had something that gave me a total (X strike, Y attack, them having Z defense).

Was actually going to make a post about it today, but ya beat me to it.