That was cool... credit where credit is due.

Options
So, I ran DDQ this morning (minus BE). Went to the "necessary hero" match, and saw Spidey. Cool, I have him, I can run it.

Ran everything up to the first wave match, got my TT, and opened it. It was a Spidey yellowflag.png . Now, for me, it's not a big deal. I've got him, don't use him, and while I needed the yellowflag.png , it's not going to change my life. A few minutes ago, a thought came to me...

Imagine if I hadn't already owned Spidey? Imagine if I had gone to the second possible fight and thought, "Aw ****, not again. Another character I don't own? Then imagine I got over myself, played the fights I could, including the first wave battle, won a TT, opened it, aaand...

Pulled the exact character that would open up the essential and the BE? Now THAT is some transitory beauty right there.

Everything does not always go well with MPQ, and there are certainly things that could be improved, but wow, was that ever a cool thing to experience.

DBC

Comments

• Nooneelsesname
    Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wasn't DDQ, but something similar happened to me in the Hulk event last year.

Punisher essential, didn't have Punisher. Played the first sub, opened a reward token: Punisher.

Felt good.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Happened to me a few times. First ever run of Enemy of the State, drew an Elektra during the final sub, which allowed me to do the essentials and get enough points to scrape the final progression

Another one I remember. First round of DDQ covers, drew my first LC from a taco. Next day, LC essential. Life felt awesome icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    There odds are COMPLETELY random, though....so, who are you giving "credit" to? Luck?
  • Unknown
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    There odds are COMPLETELY random, though....so, who are you giving "credit" to? Luck?
    The allmighty rng gods
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    lmao. I forgot about them. Mah bad.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:

RNGesus.

[EDIT]: Was beaten to it. ]:
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:

Weeeell, not entirely. DDQ tokens are designed to increase the chance of the required character dropping. Designed. It's still luck to get it on that 2% chance, of course.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Taganov wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Weeeell, not entirely. DDQ tokens are designed to increase the chance of the required character dropping. Designed. It's still luck to get it on that 2% chance, of course.

Looks like the design might have worked this time, considering that's exactly what happened.

DBC
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had that happen once, got a Luke Cage the day before he was essential. Very happy.

Also very sad it didn't turn out that way for the more recent Iron Fist. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:

People throw their toys out of the pram on here constantly about luck and the RNG when it's not in their favour. Celebrating when it is seems to be an apporpriate yang response.

And as D3 get the 'blame' when a 10 pack doesn't give the desired reward or RNG selects a suboptimal reward structure, they should also get the credit in this case. Seems fair.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    People throw their toys out of the pram on here constantly about luck and the RNG when it's not in their favour.

I have no idea what "throw their toys out of the pram" means! What is a pram??? I love the fact that we can share experiences world-wide. It's a source of constant amusement and education learning new words and expressions, and I am truly glad to be able to engage in conversation with people around the world. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,312 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is almost as though the devs knew what they were doing as opposed to being incompetent chimpanzees as the forums have it.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So far, I've pulled the end award cover in the DDQ from a taco token twice. One of which was CMags' blue, which is nothing to sneeze at. Thank you RNGesus!
  • Unknown
    Options
    For me, it was Squirrel Girl. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Must admit I'm happy with DDQ this morning. Pulled 2 different (and needed) she hulk covers this morning with my 2 tokens icon_e_smile.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a tracker, it has been 26 taco tokens since i last pulled a 3*. Did a quick count though, 14 Moonstones!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Same thing happened to me today, I already have Daredevil, but I pulled a redflag.png cover from my first taco so got 2 for the price of one event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I pulled 250 HP. RNGesus smiled upon me today today. Thank you Allmighty icon_e_smile.gif