Bring back our old mmr

jimstarooney
jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
I have been playin this game since the start and im finally sick of it.as a leader of a top 100 alliance for the past 4 seasons I have seen the game slowly deteriorate. The pvp now is a joke full 3 stars in your 1st couple of matches in a game where anyone can beat anyone elses team is probably the dumbest thing I have ever seen in my time on this game.yes d3p we get that u are a business but you are alienating all your loyal customers by forcing us to use hp earlier.the mmr was perfect before where the higher u got the harder your opponents got but thats not the case anymore, now its quick succession of matches, wake up and forced to do it all again unless u have spent considerable coin on a 24hr shield.it really is pay to play now if u want to evolve but d3p, you cant maximise your profits if you haven't got a product to sell anymore.people are migrating to other things rapidly d3p,it seems every day I see a well respected vet deciding they have had enough and are moving on so the question is d3p what are u going to do about it?
Are you going to give us our beloved game back or are u going to just squeeze the last few drops out of it?

Comments

• psweiss
    psweiss Posts: 8
    I have to agree. I hope the newer players with no covers are having fun playing this game because the recent changes have completely sucked the fun out for me. I used to be able to get hundreds of points on a pvp event; now the guys I'd face in the 700-point echelon are weaker than the guys I face to get 25 points to start tye event. Oh, and thanks for turning a 4* cover I spent hundreds of thousands of iso building into the weakest cover in my collection. I love the deadpool daily quest, but I don't see how that's fair to players who don't have 3* required characters to build them up.

Overall, I used to really love this game. I liked the mechanics, the gameplay, the strategy ... pretty much everything. Now I feel like I've wasted my time trying to rise up to the top because once I got there you turned everything over on its head and punished players like me for clawing our way up. If you were hoping to alienate those of us that have been around since tte beginning, I'd have to say you're doing an incredibly awesome job. I can't imagine what the next update is going to bring... Oh, I know - how about players who want to use a 3* cover can only use each power once a battle and 4* covers once a day! That'll really teach us a lesson!
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I've got no snark to add, but I can get behind the spirit of the OP.

PvP events no longer have a satisfying progression. Instead of easier matches giving way to harder ones, matches are difficult, then more difficult, which incentivizes late starts. If choose to join early, I either shield all the time or get beat on for the duration of the event with no letup, and actually climbing the ladder is a relentless grind. And I'm not talking about 500+ points here. Hard battles can be fun and satisfying but if every battle is a challenge my "super" abilities start seeming pretty weak, especially when it seems my defenses are a sieve; I get taken down by plenty of 270/270/200+ teams--why can't I find equivalent 120/120/94 teams to beat on?

Let's use Red Shift as an example. I joined earlier than I often do, with a couple days left. Fought my way up to about 300 points, on and off over the course of a few hours. When I woke up the next morning, I had been attacked down 150 points. I advanced up to 450 through tough battles I lost more than once. Later, 130 points down again. There's still a day left; maybe I'll play again, but this is way too much work* for the (possibly) one Beast cover I'd be in the running for.

In the old system, MMR would at least mean that I have an easier time catching up after losing all of those points. In this system, I'm stuck. There's little incentive to start more than 7 hours from the end of the event anymore, because making up a night of 150 lost points represents 6-8 tough matches, lots of skipping, and maybe all my heal packs.

tl;dr: If we can't have MMR, can we at least have slightly easier matchups? Or limits on how many times we can be attacked?

*Certainly, part of my difficulty this week is the (appreciated) character buffing. This week, the only well-leveled buffed character I have is Grey Suit Widow (who is nice for advancing but not great for defense); thanks to the recent (much appreciated) leveling discount, I'll probably level up one of my underleveled 3* like Cyclops to the 130s where he will be boosted to a competitive level (but am dubious about doing the same for Dr. Doom) this week. In later weeks, when my Fury and Xforce, or some of my better 166s are buffed to near 300, I will be more intimidating on defense than I am currently.