Any change for trading option

Punatulkku
Punatulkku Posts: 228
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Would be awesome to be able to trade covers with clan members. Simple 3star to 3star, or 4star to 4star, nothing hard on coding i think. Would make being in clan more important, and more effective to plan proper rosters

Comments

• Likely won't happen. Still exploitable. At this point I need very few 3* covers, so if I'm going to sell them for ISO anyway, I could just trade them to someone who needs them and sell the cover they don't need for ISO. Speeds up the game a lot, which is not something I think the devs are looking to do. In the last couple events for example, a few players in our alliance (they're alliances, not clans in this game) have needed multiples of covers that many of us have maxed. It would be very easy for the rest of us to farm that cover through placement and swap them off for junk. That would eliminate any incentive that alliance mate might have to buy those covers, crushing a possible revenue stream for the game.

What we want and what is best for the game are not always the same thing.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a simple reason why this will never happen. People will use low level alt accounts to dominate PvE, and then trade all the covers they farm to their main account.
  • How about: 1 trade per week, with HP fee.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    I guess they would avoid anything that could lead to a grey market. The possibility to trade means that people could ask for real money to "provide" trade at a cost inferior to what D3 is asking right now.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punatulkku wrote:
    Would be awesome to be able to trade covers with clan members. Simple 3star to 3star, or 4star to 4star, nothing hard on coding i think. Would make being in clan more important, and more effective to plan proper rosters

And would significantly reduce the amount of covers purchased. I don't see what is in it from D3's perspective.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Yes this is never going to happen. It would be a terrible idea for D3 because it would mean a big hit financially for them and they need to make money to keep making the game.
  • Well the farming thing is semi-avoidable by making trades only include covers that say Recruited as opposed to an event name. It's still never happening because it would be a cool feature everyone wants though.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Master025 wrote:
    How about: 1 trade per week, with HP fee.

Doesn't solve the farming problem unless the HP fee is approaching the cost of just buying the cover outright.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    mouser wrote:
    Master025 wrote:
    How about: 1 trade per week, with HP fee.

Doesn't solve the farming problem unless the HP fee is approaching the cost of just buying the cover outright.

Unless what they do is randomize the cover. I, DFiPL, trade an IM40 cover to an alliance mate, and pay a 50 or 100 HP fee. Alliance mate gets my gift, which is a guaranteed IM40 cover, but which power it is is randomized. Might be one they need, might be one they don't.

Keep it like-for-like, so you have to give up a 3* to get a 3*, a 4* to get a 4*, and involve an HP fee on both sides of the transaction.

As someone else mentioned, maybe limit it to 'recruited' covers rather than covers earned as progression/placement rewards. event tokens, standard tokens, heroic tokens...all fair game. Placement/Progression rewards? Can't trade those.

I think it could work.
  • perhaps everything could be traded. iso, cover, token, even hp just like blood brother, price can be hp or iso8 icon_lol.gif
  • This would pretty much destroy HP sales. Their main source of income is people buying HP for covers and roster slots. There is no way to do this that isn't going to cut heavily into that income.

Not. Happening.