Kicking Alliance Commanders?

Options
Nick441234
Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Can anyone help? We've got a commander in our alliance who it would seem has quit playing the game so we want to remove him so that someone else can contribute to the alliance. However, it doesn't let you kick commanders, even if you are a commander yourself. Does anyone know what needs to be done to remove them?

Comments

• Akatosh
    Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Your alliance creator has to put in a request with support. They'll remove him within a day or 2.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My old alliance had this problem last time, IIRC, if that commander is the one who created the alliance, there's no way to remove him, even if you contact D3 for help. That was our case, so we ended up creating a new alliance and getting everyone who were active to join the new alliance.

Not sure what's the case if the commander was not the one who created the alliance though, if the original commander cannot remove him then maybe send in a ticket for help?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cheers for the replies guys, I've just asked on the chat now to try and find out if he is the creator. Hopefully he isn't.

Its a bit silly that commanders cant remove other commanders though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Given how cheap it is to create an alliance now, it may just be faster to make a new one and migrate everyone over.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We had a commander have hardware issues with his playing device and CS said they would have to wait for the commander to be inactive for 2 weeks to be removed. Our commander just got back up and running in the game. We were looking for a Merc for the Ultron event. We ended up beating the first Ultron with 19 players and we can still beat round 7 with him back now for a day.

you really want to find out if he has left the game, and if so, it would probably be easier to start another alliance.
  • Unknown
    Options
    That's why it's nice to have an out of game chat. In the event that something happens with the game, you still have back up communication. Any case, I once sent a help request and got a few commanders demoted so that I could kick them in my previous alliance. If you're in game, go to the settings button at the top left and click on the help button there. Hope it helps.