R75 Status?

Anyone still waiting for that ISO reduction?

I have like a million ISO. Literally.

Comments

• esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    I believe they are "awaiting first party approvals." They said they hope to have it out this coming week.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    would be nice to see patch notes before they push it out the door
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    I couldn't wait anymore. I had to pump up characters to play effectively in BP PVP. I wish they'd done it before season started.
  • Oh man, am I waiting. Hoping it's worth it for my 3*s going from 40 upward (a bunch) and 2*s (Ares, Storm, OBW, MNM) I've yet to max...

DBC
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    How do you guys get so much iso? I've been playing a lot, and I only have 162 thousand.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I believe the original post said that the ISO reduction would be for 3 and 4 stars, not 2s.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    dider152 wrote:
    How do you guys get so much iso? I've been playing a lot, and I only have 162 thousand.
    lol today i was worried i was getting dangerously low @ 20k. but that seems right i get up to 120K then max someone and start over.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been saving iso, but I don't really care - I just level whoever I need to use like kamala, qs and sw. I feel that getting that use out of them right away is worth whatever iso I would have saved otherwise.

Kamala is a great all round character, and quicksilver and scarlet witch with buffs tank colours in their essential nodes which saves me health packs, and sometimes they get to fire a useful skill to end the match faster.

I'm just holding off for the 2nd tier characters that are already at a usable level that I want to raise to my level cap.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It should of been ready weeks ago. A player posted a picture of SW with the reduced ISO level in a topic I created: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28237

They're simply holding off on the ISO patch because they know we need to level our characters for the Ultron event and buffed characters for this week's PVP/PVE.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    They're simply holding off on the ISO patch because they know we need to level our characters for the Ultron event and buffed characters for this week's PVP/PVE.

Considering the stunt that was pulled with the coordination of Thoress' nerf and the last HP sale, I find it quite likely for this to be (extremely close to) the truth...
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    _RiO_ wrote:

Considering the stunt that was pulled with the coordination of Thoress' nerf and the last HP sale, I find it quite likely for this to be (extremely close to) the truth...

This isn't a "stunt." I'm pretty sure it's their business plan. To me, anyway, a stunt would be a one off action. I'm pretty sure there was a sale right before the "True Healing" nerf.

I never thought that I might want to track changes in relation to sales, but I think it is part of the plan. Grab that last bit of cash from those that are happy, then nuke them with changes, and have a percent them quit.
  • Would be nice of them to extend the xforce extra sale points until after the patch so that people could move on from the nerfed cover a bit easier. But I know they only help the player base if it happens to coincidently line up with their cash making plans, so I wont hold my breath.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    lol. OF COURSE this is a business practice / model. And whether it's D3 or Deimirge or SEGA or Marvel or Disney is irrelevant.
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler

I doubt it.

Since this change requires a patch, they've got to wait for approval from the outlets where there app is hosted. Apple's App Store is notoriously slow in its approvals. I don't know whether Steam and Android stores have similar approval processes. In any case, all outlets must be delayed until the slowest is ready, to allow simultaneous release.

I think this was exacerbated by planning release on a Friday, so when the target was missed, it would have to wait until the next work week, but other than that, I'm not attributing any devious motives.
  • Steam seems to have let it out now, and if this is it, it was worth the wait.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    The stealth launch of R75 seems coincidentally timed to land the same day the pitchforks and torches are coming out to complain about the way the 2nd run of Ultron ended; how convenient.

Pick a day when a large percentage of people are bound to be upset and have that be the day you finally give them something that you already promised them. Maybe we'll be too busy spending hoarded ISO to complain about Ultron (and the Hulkbuster covers we didn't win).
  • Some people just need to be grumpy.