Simple ISO math calculation for upcoming level changes

Options
mjh
mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm sure we are all harvesting iso8.png like never before in anticipation for the new leveling changes and i'm also sure you have never felt more antsy to dump it into your favourite character.

Let's talk numbers for just a minute:

Current 3* max 172k iso8.png

it's rumoured to be a 30% reduction. That would put the total at 120k iso8.png

At the current rate, 120k iso8.png gets you to just over L140, maybe L145, somewhere there.

So here is my question:
"If I put 120k iso8.png into a character now, will they then be maxed when the level change patch takes place?"

I know nobody can give a definitive answer but I'd like to have a discussion around this. Maybe somebody can shed some light.

Comments

• DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't think anything will be retroactive. I also think they've implied (maybe they can vague all this up a little more icon_razz.gif) that the changes will only affect some early levels. For instance, the cost to bring a 3* to 100 will be lower, but the cost to bring them to 166 from 100 will be the same.

Of course, we have no idea what will really take place since they've not seen fit to share anything other than ISO levelings costs will be lowered in some regard. So, if you can, keep saving. I've gone ahead and leveled 130+ characters with some ISO because I think it unlikely those levels will be adjusted. I could be sorry I did, but then Luke Cage at 166 has been muy helpful.

Bottom line is that none of us can offer anything other than pure speculation about this. Sadly.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Options
    Unfortunately they did say in the anouncement that current level will not change, hence why people are stockpiling.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27384 (In the last part of the anouncement post)
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    no definitive answer, but I believe that demiurge has said that no retroactive compensation or level shifting will occur.

Basically you ISO will be worth significantly more in the near future, but if you spend it now you spend it at the current prices and that's all you get.

Additionally, they have suggested that like the lower roster slot prices that went into effect last month, this change will only affect the lower levels (ie 40-100 or 70-160 for 4*s) while the price of higher levels remains the same.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ugh, don't mention roster slots....almost $7 each time I want to add a new character? It really is out of control...
    /threadjack
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    I could be sorry I did, but then Luke Cage at 166 has been muy helpful.

I did the same thing. 166 Cage w/ 5 red has been a heal pack saver for me. Well worth the premium I spent on the iso for a usable max level cage.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    HotSoup wrote:
    Ugh, don't mention roster slots....almost $7 each time I want to add a new character? It really is out of control...
    /threadjack

To add Hulkbuster from round 6 reward to my roster, I needed to spend 1,050 hp for my 81st slot. icon_redface.gif