Monetary Cost to fully upgrade a 4*

Options
gmp72
gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So I just had a look at Puerto Rico from the Crewsaders.
He has a Level 270 Hulkbuster (5/3/5).
Assuming that you pulled 1 color each from packs, what would it cost in dollar value to do the rest ? (Covers + ISO) ?

Comments

• Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What's the point of a level 270 Hulkbuster?

He is extremely weak against the Lv1000 Nerf-Bat
  • Unknown
    Options
    If you buy HP when it's on sale you get basically enough HP to buy 10 4* covers, so roughly $100. ISO is difficult to put a cost on since most people will avoid buying it as you can accumulate at least 20k a day through regular high level play. You can save up the ISO for a 4* in about a month.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Step 1: Never look at Puerto Rico's or Colognoisseur's roster.
    Step 2: Don't use people who have a regular ISO value over 500k and HP value over 30k as examples.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Step 1: Never look at Puerto Rico's or Colognoisseur's roster.
    Step 2: Don't use people who have a regular ISO value over 500k and HP value over 30k as examples.

Hey, it dipped below 30k when I bought a slot for Hulkbuster! (it's back over due to those awesome (-.-) 25HP rewards from griding Ultrons super fun sentries!)
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Druss wrote:
    What's the point of a level 270 Hulkbuster?

He is extremely weak against the Lv1000 Nerf-Bat
    You think so?

He seems like a weaker version of Thor. More potential one shot damage but far less useful utility with self damage to boot. On paper I don't see anything that screams OP but maybe I'll change my tone with some hands on play.

OP: I believe if you had to buy everything beyond the first 3 covers it would run about $100.00 in HP and $400.00 in ISO to max one out. While this may seem absurd (and it kind of is)...you have to understand that 4* characters are only marginally better than 3* ones now (many would argue they aren't even better at all). So the need to spend is really a personal choice rather than one forced out of competitive requirements. Also...while $500.00 is a paycheck for me...it could easily be someone elses weekly luxury money to spend on fun. All depends on how well off you are.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Your assuming that a character needs to be OP to be nerfed.

Ragnarok &, Mystique spring immediately to mind.

If the nerf bat was only Lv 100 I agree, but I was being kind when I said the nerf bat was Lv1000. The one that hit XF + GT + Sentry may of been even higher!