Kamala Kahn "bring out the best" activates every round

Playing black panther pvp, and opponent has Kamala Kahn. Her yellow healing ability is activating every round when turn begins, and if one if her teammates uses any activity, "bring out the best" activates twice. Reading description, it is inky supposed to go when someone on her team uses an ability. Starting turn is not an ability.

*edit for swype mistype

Comments

• OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    It seems to happen when the AI has a power they have enough AP to cast, but can't cast it. Happens with Daredevil purple when there are no special tiles on the board, for instance.
  • I was facing her, Thor, and Black Panther. All of Thor's abilities are not dependant on board setup, and all of Black Panther's should be able to be cast. Kamala only had yellow and green covers, so no ability dependant on board tiles to cast either.
  • Don't forget to look at the team-up ability.
  • I was going to make a post on this too. It is so frustrating especially because its in pvp and the entire team is just healing for 250 every turn. icon_evil.gif
  • wuweird
    wuweird Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Is "Bring out the best" supposed to fire on team-ups as well? Are team-ups considered allies now?
  • Team-ups are not considered full fledged allies (i.e. will not increase damage of Righteous Uppercut), but firing a team-up will count as firing an allied ability (i.e. will trigger Kamala and Professor X's passives).
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    We complained about this last month too, and no devs bothered to chime in at that thread

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27004&p=334276
  • SnakesArrows
    SnakesArrows Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    I had this happen also this morning. Opponent was beast, cyclops and khan. Was attacking cy first and her yellow power fired first six matches with no other powers fired. Note I switched to start hitting khan and it stopped.
  • bazalenko
    bazalenko Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Also had this happen with Prof X
  • Had read the reports and reason for this, and have now seen it first-hand in the Beast PVP---at least I knew why it was happening so I wasn't going crazy trying to figure it out. Ares TU, tried desperately to get the AI team to get a green AP. Finally managed to get Onslaught to fire with 1 green AP, but by then she'd healed about 6 times (over something like 8-9 turns) for 7000 health. With a decently covered and leveled Kamala or Prof X, this is a legitimate game-breaker when it happens, and should be at the top of the fix list.
  • simonsez wrote:
    We complained about this last month too, and no devs bothered to chime in at that thread

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27004&p=334276

Wow, that's over a month with no response either way?

DBC
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Just had this happen to me in the Smash Back event. Against a HBuster, LCap, KK team...first its happened to me, but seems as though its been going on for awhile.
  • RyanL24
    RyanL24 Posts: 54
    Will this ever get fixed? I had her down to almost no health, when suddenly she started firing her "bring out the best" every turn for no reason. Then I lost because my characters had no infinite supply of health each turn. Kind of weak.

Oh well, now I need health packs so I'm going to the bank to see about a loan...
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    We are aware of the issue and plan to have it addressed in an upcoming release.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Man I hope I do not encounter this bug, they should include a fix for this along with all of the other glitches in the latest update (R76). Hopefully R77 is right around the corner....I am missing out on a ton of stuff cuz I can only play on my tablet at home until they fix the dual device bug and I am at work icon_cry.gif

Edit: looks like I was typing this as Anthony was typing icon_lol.gif
  • Pentagoon
    Pentagoon Posts: 98
    Sounds like I should be using my maxed KK on every PVP match - she's got SUPER STRETCHY HEALING POWERS!! Has anyone experienced it the other way around where your own KK is healing your team every turn? I use her in every DDQ and extensively in PVE and haven't had this happen yet where she's healing my team every turn.