was there any warning about this increase in hp?

ultron 2 is huge in comparison and my alliance will be lucky to clear the 11million round 7

i think it would have bbeen more possible if we knew it was going ot happen, but we didnt so we went about it the same way as last round, only to see round 6 is 5.5 million and now round 7...

in the past when you run new event twice ina row, i have no memory of the 2nd run being insanely harder, why would you not let us know of the changes?!?!

if they did let us know, i am sorry, but i saw no information about it anywhere

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    There was no express statement one way or the other.

Demiurge did say that they they were aware of the various problems in Ultron 1 (including the health-related issues that prevented some players from getting prog rewards), but wouldn't have time to implement any fixes in ultron 2.

While definitely ambiguous, I would argue that, given ultron 1 and that statement, it was reasonable for players to assume that the health in ultron 2 would be similar to that in ultron 1, if not identical.

Additionally, it seems to me that even I were to concede that higher health in ultron 2 for 4* rewards is appropriate, an increase of more than 100% (assuming round 8 is 151mil or above) is not reasonable, especially since there was no way for players to know the full difference in health until several days into the event.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Given that Ultron 2 was going to be handing out 3 4* covers, I completely expected it to be tougher, though maybe not quite such a steep climb.
  • The only other time I can recall an event running twice in a row to hand out a 4* cover is Meet Rocket And Groot for 4* Thor. And that was when the time slices screwed up their scaling algorithm, so the second run was actually much much easier than the first.

There was no warning, but it's not entirely unexpected either. It is a 4* cover after all, so they are trying to hand it out to half as many people, so Ultron has twice as much health.

It was an absolute assumption on the part of players that Run 1 == Run 2 in terms of difficulty. Only thing that was mentioned was "no fix will be in place for run 2" which, while it implied there might not be enough health for everyone to progress reward, doesn't actually say Run 2 and Run 1 are the same. I mean, it might have been a good guess, but a guess none the less.
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    So that's why these rounds are feeling longer even though many are doing decent damage.
  • I think it was wishful thinking that the bar for the 4* would be set as low as 3*, though D3 certainly did nothing to dispel that wishful thinking. I mean, couldn't they just have said, 'don't worry guys next round you need 50M to beat round 8 so you'll definitely get your 1M progression?'
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 663 Critical Contributor
    A 50% increase in health would have been more appropriate. I doubt that half as many people will clear it given the huge increase.
  • Roswulf
    Roswulf Posts: 87
    Pjoe0211 wrote:
    ultron 2 is huge in comparison and my alliance will be lucky to clear the 11million round 7

i think it would have bbeen more possible if we knew it was going ot happen, but we didnt so we went about it the same way as last round, only to see round 6 is 5.5 million and now round 7...

in the past when you run new event twice ina row, i have no memory of the 2nd run being insanely harder, why would you not let us know of the changes?!?!

if they did let us know, i am sorry, but i saw no information about it anywhere

There was no warning, and D3 representatives made statements- both on this board and by PM to at least one individual- that strongly implied that the second round would have the same problem of insufficient points to get a whole alliance to the one million point individual progression.
  • so... vintage D3, one step forward, 3 steps back with 3 tokens as compensation
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I kind of assumed it would be higher, given that IMHB is a 4*. I figured what was meant by not being able to change anything for run 2 was more like "the way to fix this would probably have been a mix of more points and more time to actually earn those points, and we can't do anything about the length of the event for run 2 because that would bollocks up the rest of the schedule."
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    I kind of assumed it would be higher, given that IMHB is a 4*. I figured what was meant by not being able to change anything for run 2 was more like "the way to fix this would probably have been a mix of more points and more time to actually earn those points, and we can't do anything about the length of the event for run 2 because that would bollocks up the rest of the schedule."
    That may be what was meant, but D3 should have known that the problem in event 1 -- people not having time to reach 1 million before the alliance completed round 8 -- was not going to occur again because Ultron has so much extra health in rounds 7 and 8. So the statement that they couldn't fix things was highly misleading. That suggested that if alliances played the same way, they would face the same problem. And even if alliances figured the second event would have higher health, nobody anticipated the jump tht actually occurred. His health went from being a max of 33% higher than the same round in the prior event in rounds 1 through 6 to being more than 200% the prior health in rounds 7 and 8.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Total Ultron health tallies more then doubled from run 1 to 2:

Run 1: 17.125m
    Run 2: 36.8m
  • Yeah...the exact Dev quote is that they're sorry Ultron disappeared after round 8, but it couldn't be changed before the second run. This led people to infer that his health might still be problematically low.

Honestly, I doubt anyone answering our questions on the forum had a complete understanding of both our complaints and the event structure. Corporate knowledge tends to be compartmentalized, and I think steps were being taken to specifically answer our concern and nothing more. I think we were only accidentally misled.

The alternative is...monstrous...