Is / Was Combined Arms not working for anyone else?

Options
TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
And please do not move this to the Bugs section, since it may have just been my phone.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other then nothing but seed teams, working fine for me.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Another thread made it clear to me that Time Slice #1 was indeed broken with Seed teams as the only possible opponents. I started Slice #1 of Predator & Prey 15 min after it's start (while CA was still running) and there were no problems like in CA. It's possible that no one wanted to play an out-of-Season Event, but I doubt it. I think it was truly broken. I hope it doesn't happen again. People will be very upset if something like that happens during a Season.

But I was sad. I'm one of those people that really enjoys Combined Arms (even more than BoP). I love devouring enemies (literally) with my Spidey/Wolvie/Venom team. It's the only reason I keep some of those guys on my Roster. Oh well. Next month, I guess.
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm in slice 5 and I have only seed teams. Very annoying.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Another thread made it clear to me that Time Slice #1 was indeed broken with Seed teams as the only possible opponents. I started Slice #1 of Predator & Prey 15 min after it's start (while CA was still running) and there were no problems like in CA. It's possible that no one wanted to play an out-of-Season Event, but I doubt it. I think it was truly broken. I hope it doesn't happen again. People will be very upset if something like that happens during a Season.

But I was sad. I'm one of those people that really enjoys Combined Arms (even more than BoP). I love devouring enemies (literally) with my Spidey/Wolvie/Venom team. It's the only reason I keep some of those guys on my Roster. Oh well. Next month, I guess.

Slice 5 was equally broken... While it's true that this was just an off season pvp, many of us who had fathor speced to 5/5/3 to run with the pre-nerf xforce could really have used that 800 point green cover... I wasn't about to try for it 6 points at a time...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Not just Slice 1. My issue is that i don't even have 300 pts yet, and am ranked 41, i need loads of points as i have 0 BP covers and want him in my lineup! Sure i am pretty much guaranteed at least 1, but top 10 would be nice.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Slice 1 - Same issue as stated above. Seed teams only, all worth about 5 points right now (Just about to break the 400 mark)

That being said, I did get attacked by someone over night. Got an extra five points! Woooo! /sarcasm

UPDATE: Just got attacked and got +33! C'mon other people's brackets! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Completely broken. No chance of placing high with nothing but 5 pt seed team matches.

190 days in, a single BP cover from day 190ish...first event with BP rewards...Broken. MPQ gonna MPQ.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've been on a slow grind to the top of mine, all against seed teams. When I got to 500 points I was earning 2 points a match.

Then suddenly I got attacked and lost! Lost 8 points. Attack back and lose (of COURSE)... lose a few, but I'm back to seed teams only again.

Then an hour or two later I am finally seeing real enemies, 3-8 points per win. I lose one and lose over 20 points! It's like they are actively trying to make sure I DON'T play.

Anyway I'm not complaining, I've never made it too high in a PVP because I am relatively new and although I can usually get to 400 on the first day, by the end i'm in the 100's from losing battles way faster than I can win them. So if I come out of here with 2 BP's I will not be angry about it (not as angry as I am about losing BW to server issues a couple days ago)... but man it's nuts the way this stuff works.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Options
    I've been on a slow grind to the top of mine, all against seed teams. When I got to 500 points I was earning 2 points a match.

Then suddenly I got attacked and lost! Lost 8 points. Attack back and lose (of COURSE)... lose a few, but I'm back to seed teams only again.

Then an hour or two later I am finally seeing real enemies, 3-8 points per win. I lose one and lose over 20 points! It's like they are actively trying to make sure I DON'T play.

Anyway I'm not complaining, I've never made it too high in a PVP because I am relatively new and although I can usually get to 400 on the first day, by the end i'm in the 100's from losing battles way faster than I can win them. So if I come out of here with 2 BP's I will not be angry about it (not as angry as I am about losing BW to server issues a couple days ago)... but man it's nuts the way this stuff works.
    It's rough, I can tell you that. I'm in the top 10 on mine and debating if it's worth the time to push into the top 5. With diminishing returns, I'm looking at anywhere from 30-40 clears to add 100 points. They just started hitting at 4 points a fight icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    6h to go, still nothing but seed teams.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    I grinded 100% seed teams from 0 to 418 where I placed 9th... I guess...thanks for the iso? What the **** is going on with this game lately? There seems to be more bugs than actual gameplay.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Screenshot_2015-05-01-16-11-41.png

Why have you forsaken me seed teams? Why?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    I was not talking about the seed teams, though.

:+/

By this morning, I had still not chosen a time shard for my Combined Arms. When I went to do so, PvPs box was completely "blued out" and nothing could be selected. I missed out on the last minute joining for a softer bracket thingy. Or at the very least, getting it out of the way, when I actually had the time to do so.

*sigh