Stop trying to fix the blame, just fix the problem

Options
TheOncomingStorm
TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Ultron vs Avengers part 2 doesn't have to be a problem. MPQ just needs to lower the points needed in round 8 so that the overall points aren't crazy. Then they should communicate this has been done.

Then problem for MPQ largely goes away, and players can go back to having fun.

MPQ don't get it wrong another time. The amount for round 8 should be reasonable. I mean like 1 million at most.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ultron vs Avengers part 2 doesn't have to be a problem. MPQ just needs to lower the points needed in round 8 so that the overall points aren't crazy. Then they should communicate this has been done.

MPQ don't get it wrong another time. The amount for round 8 should be reasonable. I mean like 1 million at most.
    CHANGE AN EVENT VARIABLE LIVE?! ARE YOU INSANE?!
  • TheOncomingStorm
    Options
    fmftint wrote:

Why yes I do play mpq and post on forum, thanks for noticing. Good news, I'm only clinically insane.

They've changed the progress bars on events in the past. This would be no different. So there is precedence. But that will probably be up to demiurge_will, not demiurge_kabir.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They should lower the progress needed for round 7 too so that you don't need 5 refreshes (or 4 with perfect, optimal play by 20 members).
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Please. Round 8 appears like it will be impossible even for top alliances.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    Options
    They should lower the progress needed for round 7 too so that you don't need 5 refreshes (or 4 with perfect, optimal play by 20 members).

I don't disagree. I'm not sure demiurge_will would consider it since some ppl are already in round 7. Of course we would not have to speculate if he addressed it. That said, I rather him be fixing it then on here talking to us.
  • Unknown
    Options

I don't disagree. I'm not sure demiurge_will would consider it since some ppl are already in round 7. Of course we would not have to speculate if he addressed it. That said, I rather him be fixing it then on here LURKING BUT NOT talking to us.

fixed that for you Reck. icon_e_wink.gif

I've seen the Red Names popping in and out of the forums all morning...

easy...marc
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Given the small size of the team you woudnt think that bureaucracy would get in the way like it seems to. I would have expected them to be very mobile and able to adjust to issues far better than they do. I get that updates have to go through Apple/Google/whoever, but things like a progress bar can (and has) been done via data push.
  • Unknown
    Options
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Given the small size of the team you woudnt think that bureaucracy would get in the way like it seems to. I would have expected them to be very mobile and able to adjust to issues far better than they do. I get that updates have to go through Apple/Google/whoever, but things like a progress bar can (and has) been done via data push.

Based on history I don't think they like to take any action that wasn't planned in advance, because otherwise someone should've just immediately extended the first Ultron by a day and almost all the problems can be avoided. Yes people will still be complaining about how part 2 is impossible but I assume they already knew that when they designed it so it's something they were willing to accept.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:

Why yes I do play mpq and post on forum, thanks for noticing. Good news, I'm only clinically insane.

They've changed the progress bars on events in the past. This would be no different. So there is precedence. But that will probably be up to demiurge_will, not demiurge_kabir.

I don't disagree with the premise that the current event is messed up, but do you even KNOW what happened the last time they adjusted a progress bar?
  • Unknown
    Options
    scottee wrote:

I don't disagree with the premise that the current event is messed up, but do you even KNOW what happened the last time they adjusted a progress bar?

Based on this game's history I'd say messing with target scores is dangerous, but extending the event timer seems like a pretty safe option.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    do you even KNOW what happened the last time they adjusted a progress bar?
    It caused a chain reaction that unraveled the very fabric of the space-time continuum, and destroyed the entire universe?
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    It caused a chain reaction that unraveled the very fabric of the space-time continuum, and destroyed the entire universe?

Cats started sleeping with dogs.....
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    scottee wrote:

Nah, everyone just got a slap in the face.