Join Us For Free Comic Book Day This Saturday

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
#FreeComicBookDay

Hi all,

Free Comic Book Day is this Saturday, May 2nd, and keeping with the spirit of the day, we're offering up a little something for Marvel Puzzle Quest players!

4_30_15_Free_Comic_Book_Day_Small.jpg

Look for it in-game this Saturday (late in the afternoon PST). Free comic and Iso. Oh, yes!

*Please note, this is a celebration of #FreeComicBookDay and is not related to any compensation that will be issued separately for recent server issues.

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know about it, friend.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Are we getting a free cover for the game or a link for a free comic?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    xdogg wrote:

It might be that I'm being too literal in my interpretation, but it looks to me like we're all getting a 2* Wolverine cover.
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    xdogg wrote:

It might be that I'm being too literal in my interpretation, but it looks to me like we're all getting a 2* Wolverine cover.

Yeah, that was my assumption too. Hope that turned out to be wrong.
  • shwebsi
    shwebsi Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Uh. Wut? Yay?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    xdogg wrote:

Yeah, that was my assumption too. Hope that turned out to be wrong.

You're both probably right, but it could be a heroic token. If nothing else, this did remind me about Free Comic Book Day.
  • Unknown
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

*Please note, this is a celebration of #FreeComicBookDay and is not related to any compensation that will be issued separately for recent server issues.

Happy for the free comic cover and iso, comic cover will just end up as additional iso. Looking forward to whatever that compensation might be.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yay, now fix the problem in Ultron event run 2. Even running optimally it does not appear anyone will beat level 8 and get the third cover.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Please, oh please don't be 2* wolverine...give me a yellow Patch, though, and I'll jump for joy.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Awesome idea. I hope it's a heroic token or a "Free Comic Book Day" event token of some kind so there's some mystery. Both of my accounts have Wolvie already spec'ed the way I want him (but, y'know, both accounts could also use 250 ISO, so it wouldn't be the end of the world).
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for free stuff icon_e_smile.gif

But this picture just screams to have daveomite's Magic applied to it icon_e_wink.gif
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm sure that's just promotional art. May have ran into difficulties making Moonstone promo art for the cover you'll end to getting.
  • Unknown
    Options
    From Facebook: "We are celebrating Free Comic Book Day this coming Saturday by giving away a Wolverine Comic Cover (No.1 2010) and 1000 Iso-8 to all players in-game!"

https://www.facebook.com/MarvelPuzzleQuest/photos/a.570884696292054.1073741830.507169359330255/837961559584365/?type=1

1250 Iso isn't bad icon_e_wink.gif
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'll take it! I've gone though a hell of a lot worse for 1250 iso than just logging in. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sterek wrote:
    From Facebook: "We are celebrating Free Comic Book Day this coming Saturday by giving away a Wolverine Comic Cover (No.1 2010) and 1000 Iso-8 to all players in-game!"

https://www.facebook.com/MarvelPuzzleQuest/photos/a.570884696292054.1073741830.507169359330255/837961559584365/?type=1

But that post is what made this more puzzling for me. The cover which is used in-game for 2* Wolvie is, indeed Wolverine (2010) #1. But if it was an in-game cover... shouldn't it have said what color? Are we getting a digital jpg or something of that cover (plus 1k iso)? I'm still puzzled!

I'll take either and be thankful, because free stuff is free stuff, and I can use the iso, of course. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    sterek wrote:

But that post is what made this more puzzling for me. The cover which is used in-game for 2* Wolvie is, indeed Wolverine (2010) #1. But if it was an in-game cover... shouldn't it have said what color? Are we getting a digital jpg or something of that cover (plus 1k iso)? I'm still puzzled!

I'll take either and be thankful, because free stuff is free stuff, and I can use the iso, of course. icon_e_smile.gif

The pic is yellow and red, so i am going to go out on a limb and say green cover. All kidding aside, that is his signature move.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sterek wrote:

Change that to 6 extra boosts against Ultron!! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What time will this be in UTC? For a game that is played globally I really feel that all times should be posted using UTC.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    What time will this be in UTC? For a game that is played globally I really feel that all times should be posted using UTC.

Seconding that question.
    It's 23:00h on Saturday over here and it's looking a lot like everyone outside of the lucky chosen in the US timezones is going to get **** again, because the cover and ISO is going to be handed out when half the world is asleep.
  • Punatulkku
    Punatulkku Posts: 228
    Options
    0:32 sunday,finland, no compensation wanda, no wolverine cover...