Season XIV - May 1 - 24

Options

Comments

• skippytx
    skippytx Posts: 89
    Options
    62 slots, mostly 2* and 3* characters all soft capped at level 94. The max 3* guys seem to be having a much harder time than folks like me since you don't get fed the first 400 to 500 points of PVP off easy targets anymore.

I have 9 fully covered 3* players, and 10 more 3* players with more than 10 covers. I should have transitioned by now, and am sitting on a huge pile of ISO, but honestly the game right now seems to be a real sweet spot when it comes to PVP and PVE. Scaling isn't out of hand in either type of events and I'm enjoying it and don't really want to mess with the dynamic right now.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    skippytx wrote:
    62 slots, mostly 2* and 3* characters all soft capped at level 94. The max 3* guys seem to be having a much harder time than folks like me since you don't get fed the first 400 to 500 points of PVP off easy targets anymore.

I have 9 fully covered 3* players, and 10 more 3* players with more than 10 covers. I should have transitioned by now, and am sitting on a huge pile of ISO, but honestly the game right now seems to be a real sweet spot when it comes to PVP and PVE. Scaling isn't out of hand in either type of events and I'm enjoying it and don't really want to mess with the dynamic right now.

I and a lot others find it strange that this game punishes you severely for max leveling your roster. You personally have no motivation to improve your roster. Something wrong with a game design like that. However, it's pure business. D3 wants all newer players to not get frustrated and quit.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    skippytx wrote:

I and a lot others find it strange that this game punishes you severely for max leveling your roster. You personally have no motivation to improve your roster. Something wrong with a game design like that. However, it's pure business. D3 wants all newer players to not get frustrated and quit.
    that is a pve roster. I somewhat understood that pve was a 'leveling of the playing field' where all rosters could compete. pvp was supposed to be for the established, good rosters to do well in. you should be getting some reward for the time, effort, work, and in some cases, money. reading that post, now there is absolutely no reason to level anyone and my roster is whacked out since I have 1-166, 1-142, 1-120 and all the rest 104. I pushed my 2 high guys up precisely to finish t100 in pvps and up until recently its was working. it has been harder and harder to finish t100 lately. what used to take 500 pts now takes 600+ pts and getting to 600 is back and forth slog and tons of work now, especially with only one real team I can put out there. that is really jacked up if what skippy is saying is true across the board.

I wish the mmr changes would have settled out before I spent the money on my top 2 characters. they did help me in the ultron event, but I'd gladly undo some of that to make things reasonable again - both pvp and pve are no fun any more. maybe I need a break.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    skippytx wrote:

And you see, this is why there's a problem with the system.

You've admitted it yourself - by holding your levels back (a process which should, in every logical mind, **** your ability and score) is actually aiding you in both PvE and PvP.

Illogical.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would be nice to see what people have scored in each event..Maybe break it down to PVP and SHIELD.. right now have 4200 pts in season (25 pts in sheild) and bouncing between 48th to 59th. Dont know if it would be worth my time playing sheild to try to take top 50 to get a 2nd 10 pack. If i knew these people all had 700 to 800 pts in sheild and i know i was rank 46 those 800 pts could push me to 30th and would be worth my time.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    just a hunch but my guess is interest and scores will be higher across the board for deadpool than the junk they've been throwing out lately.
  • slidecage
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    just a hunch but my guess is interest and scores will be higher across the board for deadpool than the junk they've been throwing out lately.

this is why im holding off my sheild run until Friday... if i suck at deadpool PVP and get a low score no reason to play sheild... Then again what is better

10 pack
    or
    5 single tokens

With 5 single tokens i think you could pull more golds then a 10 pack.

Im like 6 out of the last 15 single covers = gold
    10 pack i opened had 0 golds
  • TxMoose
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

this is why im holding off my sheild run until Friday... if i suck at deadpool PVP and get a low score no reason to play sheild... Then again what is better

10 pack
    or
    5 single tokens

posted probability is right at 30% and lo and behold I got 3/10 ***s. my experience is that over the long haul it evens out. cascades on the other hand....

well, I now have every ***/**** other than beast (thrown him away several times) and devil dino. I really hope they hold off on adding anyone. I might just sell vision for the next one. or doc ock. just added psy. really hate seeing my hp pile dwindle.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    It would be nice to see what people have scored in each event..Maybe break it down to PVP and SHIELD.. right now have 4200 pts in season (25 pts in sheild) and bouncing between 48th to 59th. Dont know if it would be worth my time playing sheild to try to take top 50 to get a 2nd 10 pack. If i knew these people all had 700 to 800 pts in sheild and i know i was rank 46 those 800 pts could push me to 30th and would be worth my time.

Nice bracket, 4200pts doesn't even get you in top 500 in my bracket!
    If i could see a full ranking i might think about hitting the simulator but otherwise it feels like needless grinding for a shot in the dark.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    slidecage wrote:

10 pack
    or
    5 single tokens

I suspect that's just luck of the draw. With the posted odds, you always have a higher chance of pulling a gold from a ten pack, than singles. The odds of any given 3* in a ten pack at 0.7%, compared to 0.6% for a single (which works out to 26.6% chance of a gold per draw for a ten pack, vs 22.8% for a single).

How far are you from the person ranked 50? If you're only 200-300 off, it's probably worth your while having a SHIELD sim run, if you have the time and inclination to do so. If you're 500+ points off, I'd say your chances of breaking into the top 50 are fairly slim, unless you're prepared to go reasonably high above 1000 points.

Most people sitting in that top 50 Season rank will want to try and consolidate their ranking with a SHIELD sim run, and given the MMR changes, the days of the late quick run up to 1000+ are gone, so they've probably started their runs already. As an example, I'm sitting at 13th in my Season bracket, and I can see a few of the people in the top 20 in my Season bracket also in SHIELD sim at over 1K too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Any Theory about chose a good bracket? Or Doesn't matter? Because with 10k I'm 80th.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any Theory about chose a good bracket? Or Doesn't matter? Because with 10k I'm 80th.
    Suck at PVP and you'll be put into a cake season bracket.
    And by suck, I mean "get less than 5K in the season" - everything above puts you into the regular death brackets where 11K may get you T50, with luck.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Coming back after vacations after the first 2/3 of the season gone is also seems to land you in fairly easy brackets.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    And by suck, I mean "get less than 5K in the season" - everything above puts you into the regular death brackets where 11K may get you T50, with luck.
    Fact, 9k won't even make T100 in my bracket
  • slidecage
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

that is why i think i wont make anything next season pretty sure i got tossed into a easy bracket this season first time ever.. usally get 4400 pts with 600 pts in shiled

i got around 1200 pts in shield and could of went higher if wanted

right now
    32nd slot with 6300 pts

27th has 6800
    36th has 6000

with 300 pts in front of 36 and probally a good 1000 to 1500 over 50 i should take top50 first time every... Usually my 4400 = top 500 never hit top 100 or 50... could jumped to another team but i like the team im in right now and not worth jumping just for a 4 star (team rank is like 300)

if i get attacked major in the next 7 hours and fall to 5 free tokens fine with that as well
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is that worth? Do only 5k. Not getting Any good reward on pvp events to try 1 or 2 10 packs to get only garbage. At least is everything i get from those.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Apparently I got put into a bracket full of people who took the season off. I only topped 300 points in a single event and won't likely get even the 1,500 pt progression award for the season, yet that puts me in the top 1,500 in the standings...far and away my best ever even though I've hit the 4,000 progression before. How odd...
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    Apparently I got put into a bracket full of people who took the season off. I only topped 300 points in a single event and won't likely get even the 1,500 pt progression award for the season, yet that puts me in the top 1,500 in the standings...far and away my best ever even though I've hit the 4,000 progression before. How odd...

When did you start the first event.
    I'm wondering if you can game this system.
  • 12chris6
    12chris6 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    End of the Season Heroic Draws (7):

-2* Ares (Yellow)
    -2* Hawkeye (Red)
    -2* Bulleyes (Pink)
    -2* Storm (Blue)
    -3* Iron Fist (Black)
    -2* Captain America (Blue)
    -2* Thor (Yellow)

*sigh* I only needed 1 out of 7
  • slidecage
    Options
    cam in 35th with 6000 pts.... someone said they came in 24th with 4800 pts ...will open up 10 pack later tonight

first one i opened was nothing but 2s