well that was fun

Options
DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
End a wave with 7 enemy tiles on the board, two gunners spawn in...oh that's RIGHT, Core Fuckyou ignores its flavor text. BOOM TWO CRITS. BOOM TWO CRITS. BOOM THE NEXT TWO ROWS THAT FALL IN HAVE FOUR ENEMY TILES EACH ON THEM.

BOOM THE ENTIRE TEAM IS DEAD TWO TURNS LATER

seriously the Gunners either need a serious rework or they need to **** off and die.

(Why is it that a 'Core Meltdown' doesn't damage the Gunner's allies at all? Last I checked meltdowns were pretty indiscriminate in terms of AoE damage.)

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,225 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    once had them do melt down that hooked into 6 5 stone connections in a row whats the odds of that
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wave 1 here has to be treated like waves 1 and 3 of ddq (i.e. wave must be completed with an ability or a match-5) . then you can control what happens at the beginning of wave 2. otherwise, you run the risk of what happened.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Core Meltdown is the only thing that kills me on these wave nodes. Everything else is manageable, but if that ability goes off, I just retreat. At that point, I'm not winning, and with any luck only one character eats 9,000,000,000 damage so it only costs me one health pack. But yea, that ability is probably the single most irritating and unfair thing I've ever seen in this game - worse that Hood feeder nodes with Twin Pistols every 2 turns, worse than Torch feeder nodes with 3,000 damage Flame Jets on turn 3, and worse than the IM/Mags/Don Protect Tile of Death node.

Tiny Kitty Core Meltdown. Tiny Kitty it right in it's Tiny Kittying Tiny Kitty. Cats. Meow.

*Grumble grumble* ...melt YOUR core down....*rabble rabble*
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    wave 1 here has to be treated like waves 1 and 3 of ddq (i.e. wave must be completed with an ability or a match-5) . then you can control what happens at the beginning of wave 2. otherwise, you run the risk of what happened.

It's fun, though, when you've had to fire abilities all wave 1 to try to take out the 2 core gunners that were in THAT wave, near the end, try to end the wave on an ability and the ability you fire leaves the guy you tried to take out with 14 HP left...oh look no other abilities to fire, guess you gotta match-3 off.

Oh. Shucks. You just done got ****, son.

But that's irrelevant. I understand that, yeah, you want to try to end the wave such that they don't get to go first the next round, but Core Fuckyou is still unbalanced and **** broken in terms of how it claims it's SUPPOSED to work.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First time I've ever seen a crit that involves 4 crit tiles at once.
  • I think they made Core Meltdown because people were saying Quicksilver creating 2 crits for potentially just 5 AP wouldn't be overpowered to teach players a lesson, because if not, that'd just be twisted.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:

Yeah this. I've been running the Sentry waves with Luke Cage and hoard my Yellow so that when the next wave pops I can 1-shot any Gunners that show up. Also ending the first wave with a power so that it's still my turn when the 2nd wave arrives.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was on the Scarlet Witch node with level range 67-104. Had patch and OBW for that node. I finished first wave with a rage, best there is, and matching a black to kill off everyone in first node thinking it will be fine for second wave...**** ****, they spawned 4 criticals taking out both obw and patch without me having a chance to even make a move. Criticals into match fours which cascaded to match 5, etc. Very Very BAD!!!