One Less Ultron Node in Round 5

Options
We're closing in on the end of Round 5 and a couple of us, including me, have had an essential node fail to open the boss fight. Essential plays as normal, points are added, but then the Ultron node won't open until you play another essential and then it's fine, but the end result is the loss of 16K points. I waited an hour and went back to see if Ultron was unlocked for a fifth fight but it's not, everything's buttoned up tight.

Anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• Demiurge_Kabir
    Options
    Can you tell me which node is doing this?
  • I have been having this problem too.
  • For me it has been the Scarlet Witch node in the NE quadrant. Not sure if it was that node specifically though, because I alwayd did the North node first then the North East node.
  • Can you tell me which node is doing this?
    I believe it happened between the SW and the GSBW nodes, playing clockwise from the top. Another member said it happened to him on SW node but not which one.

Just went back into game to confirm and noticed that some alliance members are getting to play all five Ultrons.
  • ElOsoJogging
    Options
    I had the same problem. It was on round 2, the second scarlet witch node, the one at the top right (NE).
    Failed to open the ultron node, then played the other scarlet witch node and the ultron node opened as normal.
  • Jasonzakibe
    Jasonzakibe Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    This happened all the time in the last event. In all rounds.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    It happened to me with the right most node. It was a SW node, and I played it first.

Just provided for information.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I remember right, it was the Iron Man node for me, which I played 3rd, and failed to complete at first. (Lost by exiting fight)
  • Update for Round 6: no issues, played through first three essentials and Ultron loaded every time.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Options
    It happened to me in the first Ultron run, fourth round too, second clockwise QS node.
  • happened to me twice so far, round 4 on an iron man node and round 5 on the hulk node; what the heck?! Not being credited for work you've done kind of makes for a frustrating event, especially considering the outages last night which prevented us from getting a scarlet witch cover which is a required node for todays event putting us behind even further.
  • Round 6 NE Scarlet Witch node.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    was this not normal? every round this run, and every round in run 1, playing 5 essentials opened the boss ultron fight 4 times for me. in other words, i would play a series of 5 essentials and one of the essentials would not unlock the boss node. i would have to play the next essential, and then the boss would unlock and i could fight him normally.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This happened to me in SW node, but backing out of the game and opening it again unlocked Ultron.
  • nic13
    nic13 Posts: 87
    Options
    Every hawkeye node for me.
  • Jasonzakibe
    Jasonzakibe Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    evil panda wrote:
    was this not normal? every round this run, and every round in run 1, playing 5 essentials opened the boss ultron fight 4 times for me. in other words, i would play a series of 5 essentials and one of the essentials would not unlock the boss node. i would have to play the next essential, and then the boss would unlock and i could fight him normally.
    Yes I agree. This happens so much you almost think it's intended. It really does equate to a lot of lost points.