Anyone Else Displeased with Random Cover Turn Outs?

Shuino
Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
I understand that buying Covers with either Points or Iso-8 is random but to me it seems like the lower end of Covers are way to prevalent.

Yesterday I put $19.99 into the game for 2900 Hero Points for some chances to get a few Ragnarok cards from the Dark Averages pack with the plus chance for Ragnarok.

With my 2900 I first purchased two 150 packs.
This netted me a Magneto Marvel NOW Purple (Of course) and Thor's Green.

With the next 2600 I purchased 26 Dark Avengers Covers.
This got me 1 Red Ragnarok, 1 Hawkeye Purple, 1 Draken Purple
All the rest were a mix of Yelena and Venom (Yelena being a bit more often then Venom)

With it being a 90% chance of getting a 1 Star Hero it is completely pointless to buy anything from that pack of Covers for 100 coins.

Pretty much what I have learned from putting money into this game is don't. I have spent $25 total over two purchases and have nothing to show for it buying random Covers.

I will of course keep playing and leveling my current team but I will never spend another dime to get anything. I do enjoy the game and the events so I will just keep grinding out rewards and leader boards but it would've been nice to drop a couple bucks every so often to support the game.

Comments

• If you wanted 2-star+ heroes, why didn't you buy the 2-star and greater for 200 HP? You chose to gamble and came up short. Spending 2600 HP guarantees, at worst, 13 2-star cards. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Btw, they are called "common", "uncommon'', "rare", for a reason. It is not "random", as you put it. Each level of rarity has certain odds. It is a core mechanic to most, if not all, CCGs, as well as loot-based RPGs.
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    If you wanted 2-star+ heroes, why didn't you buy the 2-star and greater for 200 HP? You chose to gamble and came up short. Spending 2600 HP guarantees, at worst, 13 2-star cards. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Btw, they are called "common", "uncommon'', "rare", for a reason. It is not "random", as you put it. Each level of rarity has certain odds. It is a core mechanic to most, if not all, CCGs, as well as loot-based RPGs.

Because like I mentioned I was looking for Ragnarok. Which in the 100HP Dark Avenger pack it had a "higher" chance at Ragnarok. Also costing 100 HP you would think the odds getting something 2 Star or above would be higher than 10% which it is not. Also, the 200HP Dark Avenger pack has a high chance of Moonstone who I do not want covers for, if I knew the turn out was less then 10% I most likely would have bought the 200HP pack.
  • I am in the same boat as you. Spent 20 bucks yesterday trying to get a Red Ragnarok cover, I was dumb enough to go for the 100 HP packs because it said +chance for Ragnarok and I don't really care for Moonstone. Bought about 10 packs and then realized it was a big mistake after getting 7-8 Yelenas in a row.

I spent the rest of my HP along with some HP I had saved up from events to just level up the skill with HP.

Never going to buy packs again.
  • I was planning on possibly using real money to open up some cover space this weekend, but eventually would have rolled the dice on some cards after a couple of weeks or so. Unfortunately, these experiences don't sound very comforting. :/

I'm not quite sure I want to open up cover space now, either. See that thread if you are interested in my concerns on that issue.