Cloud save only to Facebook?

Splurch
Splurch Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
So some friends recently got me started and I'm contemplating buying some tokens for good start. When I went to install on my tablet though there seems to be no way for me to have the game loaded on both my phone and tablet without having a Facebook account to save to (I am logged in with G+, but it seems not to save.) I do not have a Facebook account and have no interest in getting one. What happens if I lose my phone? Do I lose all progress? Is there a way to play on more then 1 device without Facebook?

Comments

• blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    I agree. Don't like Facebook, and see the essentially forced usage as a money grab.

Of course, the alternative is linking to a D3 (or some other web service) account. Tying it to forum logins would work, as would iCloud (for iOS users). Drop box might work (but could introduce its own problems).

So yes, I agree that Facebook sucks.I also understand that it was an easy out for the devs. Maybe it's time to look for an alternative solution?
  • AFAIK, Google only has achievements on every game, it doesnt backups any progress for anything on their store. And its not like you need a huge maintenance on a Facebook account, just make a new one to save MPQ (and other games you might want) and leave it there, dont use it. I see a lot of people with accounts ONLY for MPQ, with MPQ related profile picture and name.
  • Splurch
    Splurch Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    ShionSinX wrote:
    AFAIK, Google only has achievements on every game, it doesnt backups any progress for anything on their store. And its not like you need a huge maintenance on a Facebook account, just make a new one to save MPQ (and other games you might want) and leave it there, dont use it. I see a lot of people with accounts ONLY for MPQ, with MPQ related profile picture and name.

Yeah, I'd just rather not do facebook at all. As for G+ linking, I play Clash of Clans and can cloud save/play on multiple devices based on my google account, so at a minimum it is possible with them in some way.