Form letter from bugs reported for Ultron I event

abmoraz
abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
Here is the bug report I submitted:
Oscorp: Heroic
1. I was unable to finish the PVE event do to the servers being down, keeping me from defending my top 10 ranking (s'ok, not expecting rewards there)
2. regardless, I finished 14th, and it said I earned a 2* Oscorp: Heroic recruit token for the event and 250 ISO. I clicked "OK" for both, but didn't receive either. Shortly after I accepted them, I lost connection again.

Ultron:
1. I was able to reconnect about 6-10 minutes later, and I got my Quicksilver reward for hitting 1,000,000 Ultron damage. That reward I did receive. The 2 listed above did not come through when the Quicksilver card did
2. 14 of the 20 members of my alliance "dkbt" (we're all friends in real life) were poised to make a run starting at 10:30 EST, but only a few of us were able to log on because of the server issues. Even with the sporadic connections, we fell ~300k short of finishing round 6 because most of us were unable to finish the 5 attacks on ultron (~100k damage) which would have easily put us into stage 6 of Ultron: Prime for the Scarlet Witch reward. Seeing as I carry most of my alliance and most of them are newer players, this one bothers me the most. I would like to see our alliance granted the level 6 reward that we would have easily earned had the servers been up and running.

And here is the form letter response D3 gave me back:
Your request (112057) has been solved. To reopen this request, reply to this email.

D3PA Custo	
D3PA Customer Support (AG) (D3Publisher)
Apr 29, 16:17

Greetings D3P Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3P Customer Support.

We're sorry for the issues many players experienced during the first and second run of the Avengers vs Ultron PvE event. It's obviously not ideal, but we think the risk in trying out new event structures is worth it. We can't make the game better without trying new things, and learning from that experience. Last night (4/28), we experienced a huge increase in players, and that caused a few database and server issues. We have some ideas for removing these bottlenecks during Run 2.

Now that Run 1 has ended, we're looking into ways to make it up to players for the issues you experienced, namely:

- Network connectivity issues during the start and end of the event that locked you out of play.
- Alliances that completed Round 8, locking their alliance mates out of progression rewards.
- If you had a separate issue during the event, please let us know.

Please don't submit new tickets, as it will divert our resources from correcting the issue. Our current focus is ensuring Run 2 is much smoother and our engineers will be focused on that for the next few days, so please be patient as we work to reach an amicable solution for our players. We ask that you await our decision and refer to the forums for updated information.

Many questions can be answered by visiting our helpful Marvel Puzzle Quest FAQ at: www.d3publisher.helpshift.com

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
D3Publisher Customer Support Team (AJG)

No, my bug hasn't been resolved. There is a GIANT FLAW IN THE RESOLUTION. Over half my alliance now doesn't have the Scarlet Witch card because of this bug. You are running the Ultron 2 event WHICH REQUIRES THE REWARD CARD FOR 40% OF THE LEVELS. Waiting to give us the rewards is pointless. We are handcuffed now and have no shot at getting through it. So by delaying, your costing us our shot at the Hulk Buster card as well.

As I said in my bug report: The fact that I lost out on the Oscorp: heroic event doesn't really bother me. It was the difference of 25HP and 750ISO. Not a huge deal. But missing out on the new cards that ARE REQUIRED FOR THE NEXT EVENT THAT STARTED ALREADY is a huge deal. It's a major deal. It's like "loan shark charging you so much interest you can never pay back the principle" huge. The longer you wait, the more we fall behind.

Really pathetic.

If you are going to delay on the rewards, then stop the Ultron 2 event until you can get them out. Either that or take the Scarlet Witch nodes and make them not require a character so that we all have an equal chance.

Comments

• Yeah once they get to "please don't submit more tickets because it will slow us down", I think they've decided to ignore you icon_e_sad.gif Very sad if they don't do something about this.