Buyer beware

Options
itstime1234
itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Anyone that spends real money on hulkbuster is asking for trouble. This is just the latest new toy they put out to get all the frenzied buys. Once they see all the Spenders have dried up and the revenue is ceasing watch the xforce nerf hit.

Fool me once shame on you. You ain't fooling me again.

Comments

• TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, yeah, anybody who spends money on a gamble should be aware of that.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    But it's just so shiny icon_lol.gif .

Even though I know IMH will probably be nerfed at some point, I'll probably buy 1 or 2 covers anyway. I used to buy several for each new character, but I've learned my lesson. Like I said I may buy 1 or 2, but not as many as before.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone that spends real money on hulkbuster is asking for trouble. This is just the latest new toy they put out to get all the frenzied buys. Once they see all the Spenders have dried up and the revenue is ceasing watch the xforce nerf hit.

Fool me once shame on you. You ain't fooling me again.
    Most of us learned that lesson with rags...some got fooled again with spidey.

By then we knew the stakes and accepted that it could happen to anyone. Which of course it did...people like Mags, Sentry, 1* Storm, Mohawk, 4* Thor, XF.

Not sure how effective your warning will be for people who have been fooled by the same thing over 8 times in one year...but thank you. We get it...characters are subject to nerfs and buffs. This game is not unlike 95% of all competitive online games released in the last decade.

Note: I just assumed this would be in reference to Xavier...since he's the one legitimately rumored to be getting nerfed in the near future.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Options
    This seems silly. If you're expecting permanance, sure. But how long before Spidey, Mags, X-Force, and 4Thor were nerfed? Months. That's months of dominating pvp and winning covers that you otherwise wouldn't. If you're looking for permanance, I have no Earthly idea why you're playing an online game.
  • I think investing on IMHB is pretty safe. Aside from Overdrive, his other abilities are well inline within the power you'd expect to shell out for a fancy new 4*, as in they're better they should be but they have to be to get you to spend the money, but not so powerful so that there's no way to compete without him. Overdrive is well above the curve but that ability has so many numbers, it's trivial to reduce it to a point where it is only sort of P2W instead of totally P2W. That ability has 4 levers (self damage, strike tile, AP gain, AP cost) to refine it and I'm sure even D3 can't screw that up. For a comparison, Dormammus' Aid has exactly one lever (amount of tiles on board, assuming that we expect it to always steal it from all colors). That's only one lever to control its power and it's easy to see how D3 can easily screw up if they mess with it, but if they redesign the ability that's just as likely to totally screw up the ability too.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I think investing on IMHB is pretty safe. Aside from Overdrive, his other abilities are well inline within the power you'd expect to shell out for a fancy new 4*, as in they're better they should be but they have to be to get you to spend the money, but not so powerful so that there's no way to compete without him. Overdrive is well above the curve but that ability has so many numbers, it's trivial to reduce it to a point where it is only sort of P2W instead of totally P2W. That ability has 4 levers (self damage, strike tile, AP gain, AP cost) to refine it and I'm sure even D3 can't screw that up. For a comparison, Dormammus' Aid has exactly one lever (amount of tiles on board, assuming that we expect it to always steal it from all colors). That's only one lever to control its power and it's easy to see how D3 can easily screw up if they mess with it, but if they redesign the ability that's just as likely to totally screw up the ability too.

It's been my experience that they overnerf multiple levers even worse than single levers, as they feel the need to adjust each and every single lever, instead of just tweaking one. Not sure if you have seen the end results of Sentry, XF or 4Thor, but those are Examples A, B, and C to invalidate your theory.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If there was a guaranteed time of not changing a character the decision buy/not to buy would be a lot easier.
  • i think nerf or buffing is all calculate by how many people using him at what degree of that character has been used in what situation. so with HB, my guess is he will be getting a nerf before PX just because of how he is released. and more people think hes worth maxing for end game sooner he will face the bat.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    Bought 7 covers for 4Thor 2 weeks before her nerfs were announced. Spent hundreds on the game getting Fury, roster slots and other things before that. Never ever spending another dime after the recent set of changes. The previous nerfs like Cmags and Sentry were worrisome. The latest were a fatal blow to the relationship D3 has with my wallet.