70,000 PvE Progression Reward

AnonymousMPQ
AnonymousMPQ Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
It seems like crazy high progression rewards are going to be the new norm.

I guess I'm never getting these again.

Seriously, you can't get anything decent anymore without dedicating your life to this game.

I guess this is how they balance out a 5% increase in token rates by making sure 90% of the PvE players don't get a casual play 3*

Comments

• TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Remember, this is Enemy of the State. A lot of the gauntlet nodes are going to be worth thousands of points, depending on how many waves you make it through. It's the only PvE event like it.
  • AnonymousMPQ
    Thanks for the info. This might be my first Enemy of the State.

I'm just a little miffed too that Oscorp Heroic is absurdly high final progression reward and it doesn't look like I'll be making that one as well even though I've cleared as many nodes as I can as often as I can.

I feel that every month I slowly get a better and better roster but I seem to be able to clear and earn less and less.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, heroics are rough on any transitioner, since you can only use very specific people, and for me, they're usually people I don't have leveled up.

Enemy of the State is an event with lots of survival nodes, which pit you against 2-4 waves of enemies, mostly ninjas, although you'll have to fight Wolverine and a guy named Gorgon occasionally. It's a good event for characters with shields, because they'll help you last longer during the waves.
  • AnonymousMPQ
    Darn, Ninjas are the bane of my DDQ.

Personally, I'm not a fan of waves. Their difficulties vary too much. You know how many waves their are, but you don't know how many are in each wave and the composition of the waves. That way it would help me decide if a node is worth skipping. Plus they are a unknown time commitment.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Darn, Ninjas are the bane of my DDQ.

Personally, I'm not a fan of waves.

icon_lol.gif Just wait until they add Ultron sentries to the DDQ icon_twisted.gif . Then you will be begging for the Ninjas to come back. Or worse, what if they have Ultron sentries AND Ninjas in the same wave? icon_eek.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_eek.gif Now that would be kittied up.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards

Please remember this next time you feel the need to complain about something you don't really know about.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    They also may be doing this because there were a lot of people who complained the top reward was too low, because they had to grind thousands of more points without a reward. This is why we can't have nice things.
  • SnakesArrows
    SnakesArrows Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Pylgrim wrote:

Please remember this next time you feel the need to complain about something you don't really know about.

Is there any need to post this? I enjoyed (and up voted) your post on giving the developers some slack. Maybe you can follow the same sentiment and give this guy some slack. He thanked the poster for the info and correction.
  • patrice789
    patrice789 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Pylgrim wrote:

Is there any need to post this? I enjoyed (and up voted) your post on giving the developers some slack. Maybe you can follow the same sentiment and give this guy some slack. He thanked the poster for the info and correction.

Yeah, I agree, he's likely never played the event. Imo, this is one of the best progression awards events out there, second to Deadpool vs MPQ.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to give him a hard time for this one, just making sure he remembers this to avoid the creation of other angry threads that can be easily prevented.
  • Remember, this is Enemy of the State. A lot of the gauntlet nodes are going to be worth thousands of points, depending on how many waves you make it through. It's the only PvE event like it.
    I rememeber the first time we played this event, I didnt have Elektra (due to the bug of post-event scores not being avaliable and comanders couldnt see it after their time slices had ended so swaps were completely blindfold) and was getting depressed just at looking those 4~6k scores nodes I coudnt hit.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim, there still is an underlying issue here, though, in that some of the PvE structures haven't been modified to take the change in refresh times into account. It may not be an issue with Enemy of the State, but it would still behoove Demiurge (I think) to take an evaluation pass at all the events to see whether the existing progression benchmarks are realistic in an 8-hr refresh world.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    wirius wrote:
    They also may be doing this because there were a lot of people who complained the top reward was too low, because they had to grind thousands of more points without a reward. This is why we can't have nice things.
    I recall people asking for rewards AFTER the progression cover reward, and they always asked for more Iso, tokens or HP. I do not recall anybody asking that the top progression reward be moved further away.

Enemy of the state is my favorite, and it is easier to accrue that high of points with the survival nodes... don't skip them, you get points for what do finish of them.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe the last Enemy of the State Progression Award was only 44k to get Cyclops, but I remember most players earned well into the 100k so the 70k might not be as bad as well Prodigal Sun for Kamala Khan.

Top 50 will be a blood bath though to get Hulkbuster.. I'll just reach the progression for my 5th red She Hulk and be done. I have a max Mohawk.. I wish they would stop giving out Mohawk, I was happy when she was vaulted then as soon as they announce vaulting has ended, they bring her back!