Credit where it's due

I'll admit when the servers went down with Ultron 2 this evening I expected another prolonged painful waiting game and even doubted the commitment that a fix had been deployed shortly after.

Well, I was wrong - any issues raised here seem to have been addressed promptly and communicated to us throughout. During phase 1 I missed the first 3 rounds because of the server issues and missed out on covers as a result, and basically I was expecting the same thing to happen again - but no! As of about 20 minutes after their response to the server outages, everything has been running fine.

I've been playing online games for long enough to know that outages are inevitable with new content like this, and I think phase 2 was handled really well by the guys in Demi - especially Hifi & Kabir - who were active on the forums immediately with quick concise updates and fixes as issues emerged. For all the snarking that goes on here I hope some of you will join me in doffing my cap to these fine gentlemen for a job well done. Sometimes that job is to get an earful from angry fans when they make the changes they feel are necessary to balance of the game, so it seems only fair to say thanks when something is obviously handled quite well and lessons learned during what I'm sure has been a crazy week for the team.

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I will reserve judgment until after the last day, when players will make a last minute push to clear the nodes. That will be the real test, in my view.
  • SteveMcM wrote:
    I'll admit when the servers went down with Ultron 2 this evening I expected another prolonged painful waiting game and even doubted the commitment that a fix had been deployed shortly after.

Well, I was wrong - any issues raised here seem to have been addressed promptly and communicated to us throughout. During phase 1 I missed the first 3 rounds because of the server issues and missed out on covers as a result, and basically I was expecting the same thing to happen again - but no! As of about 20 minutes after their response to the server outages, everything has been running fine.

I've been playing online games for long enough to know that outages are inevitable with new content like this, and I think phase 2 was handled really well by the guys in Demi - especially Hifi & Kabir - who were active on the forums immediately with quick concise updates and fixes as issues emerged. For all the snarking that goes on here I hope some of you will join me in doffing my cap to these fine gentlemen for a job well done. Sometimes that job is to get an earful from angry fans when they make the changes they feel are necessary to balance of the game, so it seems only fair to say thanks when something is obviously handled quite well and lessons learned during what I'm sure has been a crazy week for the team.

Funny you'd post this. I was thinking just this earlier today.

Admittedly, when I first got locked out this time, my first thought was something along the lines of, "You have GOT to tinykitty-ing KIDDING me. AGAIN?"

Flash forward like, what 20-30 minutes later, and I was thinking, "Oh, OK, well, so yeah. There ya go!"

The rest of the day, during which time I would suspect traffic has not exactly slowed down (in light of Ultron 2 and everything else running concurrently) I'm opening and running, each and every time.

Whatever happened in the past week, it's pretty clear that D3 IS trying, and they ARE learning.

Say what you will about other issues, but I gotta give props for that.

DBC