What is going on with stability and support lately?

peteer01
peteer01 Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
I have had a run of bad luck with the game recently. First off, I've purchased HP multiple times with real money, and as such, I expect reasonable stability from the game and reasonable support when things aren't stable. I've had multiple issues in the past, and have opened multiple tickets that were generally resolved in a reasonable period of time.

However, in the last few months there have been a ton of issues I've seen. Since the later half of March, I've opened a large number of tickets because I'm seeing a lot of issues.

I've opened tickets for things like problems with heal timers that were confirmed as known issues (#100835), issues with the Fastball Special and Patch, which died on the vine (#102661) despite resubmitting it (#100781), but while those bugs existed, at least I can at least keep playing the game and I'm not losing Hero Points or unable to participate in events.

I've opened tickets for the Kamala Khan PvP where I spent hundreds of HP trying to go top 25, which I do regularly when I want both the first two covers of a PvP event's rewards, but was unable to due to being told I could not buy a shield because it entered 8 hour cool-down as soon as I tried to buy it without ever activating. It was later acknowledged as a known bug, and "resolved" unsatisfactorily. (#104563)

I've opened tickets for entering a PvP battle for 28 points only to win the battle and get a screen that says "+0" and awards me zero points in the Kingpin event, which was "resolved" unsatisfactory before being escalated for review. (#106227) I was told on April 16th:
Your ticket has been escalated for review. We are currently addressing your issue and will contact you as soon as we can with the appropriate resolution.

Please note that responding to your ticket before we can address it, results in the ticket being sent to bottom of our queue. As a result, it takes longer for us to locate and address your ticket as it resets in the queue. As a friendly reminder, we do our best to respond to a ticket within 72 hours, though this is a case-by-case basis and subject to the severity of the issue. We are also closed on weekends.

I still have received no update. I wrote them today for an update as it has been 13 days.

I've opened tickets for not receiving awards correctly because after receiving the first Quicksilver cover after the PvP event for his covers, I received a network error message and did not receive the second cover, ISO or Hero Points. Support was very good about fixing this quickly. (#107175)

I've opened tickets for the recent errors over the last five days which cause all PvP and PvE events to disappear with any attempt to do something like open a standard cover stating there is no Internet connection. After three days, this has been acknowledged as "being wide spread", although it has affected me more than my friends and famliy who play. (#108189) I missed my first deadpool daily 3* cover, two tacos and ISO, our alliance ended up with 978,280 in Ultron, and I tried in futility to get that Ultron Scarlet Witch cover, 1M points quicksilver cover and Deadpool cover that I was so close to, but couldn't log on. (I think I shut down and restarted my phone 15 times...)

There are other bugs I've seen, other connection issues I've seen, but that's what has jumped out to me. There are bugs like matching critical tiles before the fall that I don't report because I know from the forum that they're known issues. Prior to March 17th, I had submitted two tickets over the entire time I'd been playing (200+ days), but since March 17th the game has not been stable and the support response has not been as helpful as I'd like.

I don't know if they're overrun with more bug tickets than they can handle or if I'm just frustrated with the shocking number of issues in the last month and a half after so many months of enjoyable gaming, but I'm disappointed, and don't know if D3 recognizes just how bad things are. I hope this post can be constructive criticism for them.

Comments

• _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is not something exceptional you're seeing: the devs are returning to their long-term status quo. The fact that the last few months have been decent is the fluke.