For the Horde!

Options
TheWerebison
TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Seriously, for the horde already at Demiurge's throats for the recent crash, I'm just gonna leave this here, a quote from the thread at the very top of the General Discussion forum, that everyone has probably read but already forgotten...

"Our current focus is ensuring Run 2 is much smoother and our engineers will be focused on that for the next few days..."

Much smoother. Focused for NEXT FEW DAYS. They didn't once say, "This time will run without a hitch!" They said they are trying to make it go smoother, and will basically be monitoring it. I don't think they need 5-6 new threads opened calling for their heads on plates every time it goes down, especially since this first one was MUCH shorter than the first crash of the previous round.

Just...chill, folks.

Comments

• but where is the bottom neck???
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seriously, for the horde already at Demiurge's throats for the recent crash, I'm just gonna leave this here, a quote from the thread at the very top of the General Discussion forum, that everyone has probably read but already forgotten...

"Our current focus is ensuring Run 2 is much smoother and our engineers will be focused on that for the next few days..."

Much smoother. Focused for NEXT FEW DAYS. They didn't once say, "This time will run without a hitch!" They said they are trying to make it go smoother, and will basically be monitoring it. I don't think they need 5-6 new threads opened calling for their heads on plates every time it goes down, especially since this first one was MUCH shorter than the first crash of the previous round.

Just...chill, folks.

The problem is, many players requested that the devs hold off on Run 2 until everything runs smoothly. The devs said they are running as planned and will work on it running more smoothly, but the problem still exists. I am sure many players wouldn't be upset if they delayed the event until a further time but to simply run it when it's still not running correct is not right. They ran it once to coincide with Avengers 2, there's no reason why they had to rush the second run of the same event.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    True enough. Still, I don't know if they could've even found the problem if they didn't run it again, with everyone trying to cram in at once. It's probably a good thing that we don't have many Alliance events with set times, and instead can stagger ourselves in numerous brackets in multiple time slices.
  • As a coder, I know that some bugs cannot be found until you have hundreds if not thousands of users pounding your code.

Beta testing is all well and good, but some bugs are just buggers.
  • dragma wrote:
    you have hundreds if not thousands of users pounding your code.

So hot right now.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If all the people who are really upset would follow through on their threats and stop playing, it'd make it easier for the rest of us to log in. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • noisnam wrote:
    but where is the bottom neck???
    lol: what's a "bottom neck"?
  • Yeah...sometimes the people on this forum make me a little sad to be a forumite. Connection issues aside, the AvU event was the single most interesting thing that's been done in this game since it launched. It sucks that I can't play right now, but it would suck even more if the only thing I had to play was another re-run of The Hunt.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    noisnam wrote:

pretty sure he meant Bottle-neck. Bandwidth issues.

or bottom line maybe?
  • Seriously, for the horde already at Demiurge's throats for the recent crash, I'm just gonna leave this here, a quote from the thread at the very top of the General Discussion forum, that everyone has probably read but already forgotten...

Just...chill, folks.

I agree but i still think they need to know. I really like this event and think they should continue it even after the movie is gone. Maybe they should have done this with other characters instead of new ones. That may have made the difference in everyones thinking.
  • Kingjr76 wrote:

I agree but i still think they need to know. I really like this event and think they should continue it even after the movie is gone. Maybe they should have done this with other characters instead of new ones. That may have made the difference in everyones thinking.

The event was designed to get as many people as possible excited about AoU first, and MPQ second. Having less desirable rewards equals less people playing, which would minimize connection issues, but the whole idea of the event(and the game itself really) is to have as many people playing as possible. A bit of a catch 22 really.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Zug zug.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    noisnam wrote:

pretty sure he meant Bottle-neck. Bandwidth issues.

or bottom line maybe?

Neck-line?

DBC