Question about SW and Quicksilver symmetry

Options
Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Why not have the 2 chars run the rainbow, released together, belong together, why have them fighting over the same AP? I think they should have made the 2 chars a perfect Ap set.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Why not have the 2 chars run the rainbow, released together, belong together, why have them fighting over the same AP? I think they should have made the 2 chars a perfect Ap set.

I thought the same. They also do not run too well with either version of Magneto.
  • SpaceShipOne
    SpaceShipOne Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Sibling rivalry with daddy issues?
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

I thought the same. They also do not run too well with either version of Magneto.

With their unique abilities, i thought letting them run the rainbow and toss in a tank... maybe Hulkbuster! perfect squad release..
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    they fight only over green, and you can choose to put 3 in green for one of them and there goes the synchronization between the two. I disagree that they dont run well with cmag, as they make perfect rainbow together, now if they would be super powerful team i am not sure, but rainbow is there, both siblings have passive blue, cmag has active, so potentially you have triple use of blue. use cmag red after blue qs does aoe, sw has her own aoe, for which she creates purple, and cmag with his yellow protects entire team. In theory they could really work well, just need to have them properly covered.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    One of my Alliance mates gave a better combo of SW, cMags, and Cage. Man, QS gonna get disowned.
  • elvy75 wrote:
    they fight only over green, and you can choose to put 3 in green for one of them and there goes the synchronization between the two. I disagree that they dont run well with cmag, as they make perfect rainbow together, now if they would be super powerful team i am not sure, but rainbow is there, both siblings have passive blue, cmag has active, so potentially you have triple use of blue. use cmag red after blue qs does aoe, sw has her own aoe, for which she creates purple, and cmag with his yellow protects entire team. In theory they could really work well, just need to have them properly covered.
    Iron Fist and Luke Cage are an example of a comic book team that works well together in this game. Almost a rainbow team, defense and offense passives on different colors, one guy's ability sets up the others (IF purple into Cage black), and good powers all around.

The Maximoffs don't really have anything like that. The kids overlap on two colors, and their passives are on the same color. Not only that, but Wanda's passive places a blue countdown which if you're looking to make blue matches for Pietro can be inconvenient. They share green actives so you're down to three active powers between two characters, and none of them is really super awesome. Yeah, there's some synergy between Wanda's countdown, swapping tiles with Idle Hands, and maybe going into Wanda's nuke, but it's not that great a nuke. Even if you managed to get a maxed out Reality Crush and a Supersonic off in the same fight it's only like 4k team damage, and it's a lot of work for so-so results. Throwing daddy into the mix in 3* form helps a little, mostly because he's a much better character even on his own, but you still have issues between his red and the locked tiles from Speedy's passive. 2* Mags has a better chance of fueling a Supersonic explosion, but now you're using a 2* with limited health and damage and you're eating purple away from Wanda's nuke.

Are there ways to make the team work? Sure. But it's awkward, and doesn't feel like they were really meant to work together like the Heroes for Hire team. Their powers should compliment each other so they play well as a duo, not compete for colors and attention. The big pink elephant in this conversation though is that IF and Cage are great characters. Mags' kids are not. Putting them together on the same team only exaggerates their shortcomings.
  • One of my Alliance mates gave a better combo of SW, cMags, and Cage. Man, QS gonna get disowned.

HAHA, I laughed. Luke cage as the favorite adopted son, with QS out on the street.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    One of my Alliance mates gave a better combo of SW, cMags, and Cage. Man, QS gonna get disowned.

HAHA, I laughed. Luke cage as the favorite adopted son, with QS out on the street.

And he gets some DPD love this week!
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dear lord I love Luke Cage. He just gets better and better with every cover. And Righteous Uppercut is SO satisfying icon_e_smile.gif
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Dear lord I love Luke Cage. He just gets better and better with every cover. And Righteous Uppercut is SO satisfying icon_e_smile.gif

He is sitting at 3/3/2 right now, haven't leveled him.. when would be a good time to toss ISO into him?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    elvy75 wrote:

But you can say that with any rainbow team. CMag destroying T/Us does not work well with QS locking them. QS blue should of locked the enemies strongest color or something, although it may prevent you as well, it might of been better than T/Us.
  • Thugpatrol wrote:
    elvy75 wrote:
    Iron Fist and Luke Cage are an example of a comic book team that works well together in this game. Almost a rainbow team, defense and offense passives on different colors, one guy's ability sets up the others (IF purple into Cage black), and good powers all around.

The Maximoffs don't really have anything like that. The kids overlap on two colors, and their passives are on the same color. Not only that, but Wanda's passive places a blue countdown which if you're looking to make blue matches for Pietro can be inconvenient. They share green actives so you're down to three active powers between two characters, and none of them is really super awesome. Yeah, there's some synergy between Wanda's countdown, swapping tiles with Idle Hands, and maybe going into Wanda's nuke, but it's not that great a nuke. Even if you managed to get a maxed out Reality Crush and a Supersonic off in the same fight it's only like 4k team damage, and it's a lot of work for so-so results. Throwing daddy into the mix in 3* form helps a little, mostly because he's a much better character even on his own, but you still have issues between his red and the locked tiles from Speedy's passive. 2* Mags has a better chance of fueling a Supersonic explosion, but now you're using a 2* with limited health and damage and you're eating purple away from Wanda's nuke.

Are there ways to make the team work? Sure. But it's awkward, and doesn't feel like they were really meant to work together like the Heroes for Hire team. Their powers should compliment each other so they play well as a duo, not compete for colors and attention. The big pink elephant in this conversation though is that IF and Cage are great characters. Mags' kids are not. Putting them together on the same team only exaggerates their shortcomings.

You seem to be missing the most obvious point here and that is they are TWINS and that very fact means they are the same BUT different. icon_e_biggrin.gif So why are you and everyone else here surprised that they at least share two colours which are the same? Twins should share things between them and for me the fact that they both have passive blue means they'll work well with their dad (both versions) and anyone in the Avengers especially Cap, Stark, Panther, Fury etc etc...

Then their active green is just more Twins stuff thrown in and then as with all twins they each have something that separates them so purple for Wanda and Black for Pietro. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    JusticeB wrote:
    You seem to be missing the most obvious point here and that is they are TWINS and that very fact means they are the same BUT different. icon_e_biggrin.gif So why are you and everyone else here surprised that they at least share two colours which are the same? Twins should share things between them and for me the fact that they both have passive blue means they'll work well with their dad (both versions) and anyone in the Avengers especially Cap, Stark, Panther, Fury etc etc...

Then their active green is just more Twins stuff thrown in and then as with all twins they each have something that separates them so purple for Wanda and Black for Pietro. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Sure, and just like siblings, there's some rivalry between them!

"Dad, Wanda won't let me pummel!"
    "Shut up, you're such a dork! Dad, I NEED to cast a hex bolt!"
    "I saw that green match first!"
  • JusticeB wrote:
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    elvy75 wrote:

As a father of quads "similar skill areas but unique abilities" and "compete for attention" sounds exactly right for twin behavior.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

He is sitting at 3/3/2 right now, haven't leveled him.. when would be a good time to toss ISO into him?

Now would be a good time, actually. I went 355 on my cage, and his red protect tile is a heal pack saver. He's so useful that i've used him for half the nodes in the last ultron event, where i broke 1.2 mil points.
  • JusticeB wrote:

Thematic twin flavor is all well and good, but this is still a game, and making them so they play so poorly together is not good design. Even if you want to chalk two overlapping colors up to their twin-ness, having both passives on the same color is just dumb. If you did nothing more than move Wanda's Hex Bolt to blue and her passive to green they would work better together than they do now. Then at least you'd have four active skills on four colors between the two of them.

Also this notion that Mags somehow completes them with his blue isn't really true. If you're talking CMags, then matching away blue to power up Quicksilver isn't going to leave much left to give his nuke its pop, and her passive has a good chance of destroying red and blue tiles when it goes off. If you're talking about MNMags, his blue is likely to blow up all the special tiles the kiddies' passives rely on. Not really great synergy there.

You can come up with all the excuses for why they're designed the way they are, but the bottom line is they aren't very good together. They're both basically support characters that don't do a lot of damage, and their support abilities don't work all that well together. CMags only makes them better as a third because he's just plain good on his own. If anything their powers act to sabotage his, not enhance them. Craft whatever lore explanation you want to help you sleep at night, but they're still siblings who have fought side by side for years and they should be designed to be better together. They should compliment each other like Iron Fist and Luke Cage. They don't, and that's a shame.