Character Order

Options
Niq6
Niq6 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
This may sound like a silly question but does it matter in which order you select your team? For example, I've noticed that one of the more solid 2* teams is Thor/MMag/OBW. Does it matter what slot you put them in?

Comments

• It only matters if your characters are tied on color strengths.
    Thor is Red/Yellow/Green
    OBW is Purple/Blue/Black
    MNMags is Blue/Purple/Red
    So for this set, assuming they're all at the same level, order doesn't matter. However, if you had a team like Ares/Wolverine/OBW, both Ares and Wolverine are Green/Red/Yellow. This means that whoever is put 'in front' is going to be taking all the hits, and you definitely want Wolverine to take the hits since he can heal.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To further add to Daibar:
    The character you want to take hits, you want to place in the Middle, then Left, then Right. This way Wolverine will take hits for CStorm for Green and Yellow. Always put your weaker characters to the Right spot and your strongest characters (healing abilities) in the Middle. Also important with same level characters as I believe they all have the same T/U strength at the same level.

It makes a huge difference depending on the team you're using.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    It only matters if your characters are tied on color strengths.
    Thor is Red/Yellow/Green
    OBW is Purple/Blue/Black
    So for this set, assuming they're all at the same level, order doesn't matter. However, if you had a team like Ares/Wolverine/OBW, both Ares and Wolverine are Green/Red/Yellow. This means that whoever is put 'in front' is going to be taking all the hits, and you definitely want Wolverine to take the hits since he can heal.

For the AI using it, it really doesn't matter, since as a player, we can select whoever we want to target on a given turn/ability... am i correct?
  • To further clarify this, the order of importance is:

Center - highest priority in tie break over Left and Right

Left (When looking at screen) - Less priority than Center, more priority than Right in terms of tie break

Right - Lowest priority

Generally, if all match damage were equal among all three characters, you would want to put the Tank (Guy with highest hitpoints/healing ability) in the center and your Support/Glass cannon/ Guy with least hitpoints in the Right slot.

Unless you have a character like OBW/Patch/Gamora, that have abilities that trigger off tiles with their icon. You then MAY want to rearrange the order to maximize the number of tiles that have their Icon

Example:

My 2* A Team was Wolvie, OBW, Storm

I place them in that order on the screen so that OBW icon shows up for her top three colors and there for maximize damage from the Strike tile+Espionage combo while also covering blue for Storm, further keeping her safe when making matches.

EDIT:: Beaten to the punch. Got too wordy. lol
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alexraven wrote:
    To further clarify this, the order of importance is:

Center - highest priority in tie break over Left and Right

Left (When looking at screen) - Less priority than Center, more priority than Right in terms of tie break

Right - Lowest priority

Generally, if all match damage were equal among all three characters, you would want to put the Tank (Guy with highest hitpoints/healing ability) in the center and your Support/Glass cannon/ Guy with least hitpoints in the Right slot.

Unless you have a character like OBW/Patch/Gamora, that have abilities that trigger off tiles with their icon. You then MAY want to rearrange the order to maximize the number of tiles that have their Icon

Example:

My 2* A Team was Wolvie, OBW, Storm

I place them in that order on the screen so that OBW icon shows up for her top three colors and there for maximize damage from the Strike tile+Espionage combo while also covering blue for Storm, further keeping her safe when making matches.

EDIT:: Beaten to the punch. Got too wordy. lol

Hahaha, that's why I made mine short and simple but your explanation is much better than ours!
  • Malcrof wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    It only matters if your characters are tied on color strengths.
    Thor is Red/Yellow/Green
    OBW is Purple/Blue/Black

For the AI using it, it really doesn't matter, since as a player, we can select whoever we want to target on a given turn/ability... am i correct?

That is correct. On the AI side or constructing a defensive team, it doesn't matter as much because the human can select a target. It's really only a priority for human players as a way to avoid matches moving a squishy target to the front for the AI to then attack.

Thanks, Punisher. I work in Quality at a call center. Finding ways to cut back on follow-up questions has become habit. icon_e_smile.gif