[DISCUSSION] Recent Events On MPQ

Options
So I'm sick of reading of all these people whining about how their x-force got nerfed, how they spent so much money on this game, etc... Bottom line is that while you guys are obviously really good at venting, the same people whining are terrible at making an impact. So how do you make an impact you say? MPQ makes tons of money off of people that want to buy those x-force covers, buy crystals, etc. Why support a game when you folks just get screwed in the end? Voice your frustration by writing reviews. I enjoy playing this game however what kind of game model is it when they constantly change the meta to a point where it's a never ending cycle?

Bottom line, keep playing the game and have fun. But if you're unhappy voice it with your wallet, don't support this game.

Comments

• Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    i write reviews on the game for every version to keep it up to date, however there is only so many character allowed and have to boil it down each time.

with the recent changes i do not like their directions with 4* being slightly better then 3*, they went the total opposite way then i though they would, i though the next step was to get the rest of the 4* up to the level of thor and wolverine to create more diversity in the top. there was a motivation to get 4* and i paid for 3 of my wolverines covers, with these changes i don't have any motivation to get any 4*s because they cost so much more then 3* so if i invest in them and they get nerfed i have all my eggs in that basket. this and the recent PVP changes have turned me off to this game.
    i already avoided the PVE because of time vs. reward is too high, now pvp is a giant slow grind. i was going to leave but wanted to try ultron event. it has potential like may other aspects of the game, but most of it is wasted. the refresh nodes were way to hard for most of my alliance mates and with the other events ending ultron got the short straw making the last push more critical. but i never got that chance due to the outage. so my out look is pretty grim.
  • i got draw by the topic and was really hoping for a meaningful discussion. but then....

Anyway, lets talk about events (not including unpredictable factor)

1, gauntlet. absolutely lovely. wish to see more tough team comp on the Ai side for us to figure it out.

2, the pve they introduce AI line up featuring wolverine , unlike a lots of other players actually like this update.

3, for nerfing characters. come on, this is an online game, you dont expect everything is not gonna change. if you buy in early you probably got what its worth. if you buy in late, they let you refund those cover u use real money to buy. i think they did better than many other companies already. one thing i cannot decide is that is xf too op pre-nerf, or they over nerf him.

4, DDQ best event introduced. from time to time we hear players burn out, because to keep up is very hard to do by the speed the introduce new char. but, because the competitive nature of this game, there is no point to play if you cannot keep up. to me, DDQ does not only help newer player and less competitive player to turn causal but still having a sense of progression which is always nice when u dont have to spend too much time to keep up.

5, health change and mmr change. i have mix feeling about this. i enjoy pvp now more than ever since update, but my question is will there be next sentry+hood or xf+GT?
    i know it is tougher to get points in pvp now, but hey everyone getting tougher with their roster right? why bully the newbies.
    however, health change has a side effect i dont like to see at all. we now need to spend more time to do what we could do before the patch. it would be nice if they can have animation faster or animation skip button. or, maybe roll back to 141?

6, ultron event. idea is lovely but there are also flaws need to be addressed. but i m confidence that they will take some of our concern and advices when they adjust it for the future event.
  • 3, I can understand from a D3 perspective of stagnation. Since there is really no end game, but rather events, new characters, etc... The problem of stagnation occurs, I can understand if D3 doesn't want a game where the meta is dominated by x-forces all around. This wasn't their fault, but rather in hindsight maybe their testers could've predicted this and scaled down the power of x-force when they buffed him. If your users do not have a reasonable level of assurance and expectation from a game, that is the fastest way to lose them.

5, I played this app from the beginning and went through the iterations of broken characters. You name it, rags+storm, c.mags, spidey, sentry bombing, and now x-force. Bottom line is that the MMR system is broken, i view this x-force nerf as a means to keep the current MMR system and level the playing field for all players. Rather than us having this invisible ranking system to which we don't know about, if we had a tier system which reflected the strength of our team and potential match ups, this would be a far better system. Seasons could reflect promotions and demotions to lower tiers, etc...

6, This past ultron event was a Charlie Foxtrot in my book. How many people in your alliance set up alarms to maximize efficiency? I suppose some people enjoy the grinding but events can be stressful, i remember instances where there were 3 consecutive events going on at the same time. Couple the fact that these events have new cover rewards as prizes, it can get hard to juggle all these events at once. The overall ultron event in my opinion was fantastic, this was the first event I can think of that included an interesting take on alliance participation. My hope in the future is that MPQ introduces more Alliance features rather than the usual new covers and events. If you want more users create an app where gameplay with other users is fun.
    noisnam wrote:
    i got draw by the topic and was really hoping for a meaningful discussion. but then....

Anyway, lets talk about events (not including unpredictable factor)

1, gauntlet. absolutely lovely. wish to see more tough team comp on the Ai side for us to figure it out.

2, the pve they introduce AI line up featuring wolverine , unlike a lots of other players actually like this update.

3, for nerfing characters. come on, this is an online game, you dont expect everything is not gonna change. if you buy in early you probably got what its worth. if you buy in late, they let you refund those cover u use real money to buy. i think they did better than many other companies already. one thing i cannot decide is that is xf too op pre-nerf, or they over nerf him.

4, DDQ best event introduced. from time to time we hear players burn out, because to keep up is very hard to do by the speed the introduce new char. but, because the competitive nature of this game, there is no point to play if you cannot keep up. to me, DDQ does not only help newer player and less competitive player to turn causal but still having a sense of progression which is always nice when u dont have to spend too much time to keep up.

5, health change and mmr change. i have mix feeling about this. i enjoy pvp now more than ever since update, but my question is will there be next sentry+hood or xf+GT?
    i know it is tougher to get points in pvp now, but hey everyone getting tougher with their roster right? why bully the newbies.
    however, health change has a side effect i dont like to see at all. we now need to spend more time to do what we could do before the patch. it would be nice if they can have animation faster or animation skip button. or, maybe roll back to 141?

6, ultron event. idea is lovely but there are also flaws need to be addressed. but i m confidence that they will take some of our concern and advices when they adjust it for the future event.