Upgrade the evil side of MPQ!!!

Options
MPQ releases new characters to the game but most of which are heroes. I'd say a good majority. I'd of course like to see a change up and see some more villains being released and maybe eventually making a story line event. I mean off the top of my head I can think of the cabal, and of course the thunderbolts. Bringing in red skull means bringing in hydra for the waves. You could even make a new event for the season called good vs evil once the evil side of characters match up to the good side. I know this game has already done a lot especially with this ultron event but I think bringing in the darker side of marvel would be a good change up and doesn't really need a lot of effort to do besides just introducing evil characters. And of course being bias I'd want to see hyperion.
Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I want Red Skull for my team. Also Taskmaster.
  • Redskull would be wicked. and maybe even an onslaught redskull as a 4*
    as for Hydra who best to lead them but Viper, she would be great to add.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd upvote this 100 times if I could; this game needs more villains (even aside from general character variety, they could use them to replace the dark avengers in event re-runs)

Red Skull's an inevitability -- maybe around the time of the Cap 3 film, as I'm sure he'll factor into that somehow (as he did in Cap's own book during the Civil War storyline)

Taskmaster's photographic reflexes seem like such an obvious and easy to implement power, I'm surprised he hasn't appeared ingame yet.

great username, BTW!! I love the way Hickman's been using Hyperion in the Avengers for the past while.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    I am all for this. While I do like the heroes in Marvel, the villians are just as great.

Currently we have 52 Heroes and 16 Villians.
  • Ya I could agree with some of them as well. But I feel this little change would go very far for players and a great appreciation to the characters who give the heroes a purpose.
    Also thanks I'm a superman so Hyperion was a no brained for me lol
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Spiderman is part of the MCU now, I want to see the Sinister Six! Any version would do, although since we have Doc Ock, and he's the person who started it originally, we could have a storyline where he brings together the original group: Vulture, Electro, Kraven the Hunter, Mysterio, and Sandman.
  • Speaking of spiderman universe I'd love to see carnage make an appearance
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I can't think of so many villains that should make an appearance. Red Skull probably should, and Apocalypse would make a good 4*. I would love to see Kang the Conquerer. But after that, the really iconic bad guys seem to be Spider-Man ones. Maybe if they do a big Spider-Man event in the future it would make sense to add one or two.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Square wrote:
    I can't think of so many villains that should make an appearance. Red Skull probably should, and Apocalypse would make a good 4*. I would love to see Kang the Conquerer. But after that, the really iconic bad guys seem to be Spider-Man ones. Maybe if they do a big Spider-Man event in the future it would make sense to add one or two.

A fair few mutants:
    Blob and Toad are probably the two most iconic members of the Brotherhood of mutants still missing from the game. I could also see Sabretooth, Mr Sinister, Emma Frost, and of course, Apocalypse as all being potential adds.

Let's not get into the whole "Marvel's no promoting mutants" thing.

"Spider-Man" villains:
    Yeah, we're pretty thin on the ground here currently. Norman Osborne is the most obvious candidate, and he's got a few forms he could take.
    There's Carnage, and the possibility of a second Venom, Vulture, Kraven, Rhino, Mysterio, Sandman, Shocker, the list goes on.

Arch-enemies/nemeses:
    There are a few prominent heroes who are missing their nemesis from the game. Cap is missing Red Skull, Iron Man is missing the Mandarin, Black Panther is missing Klaw.

Plus, off the top of my head:
    Winter Soldier, Kang the Conqueror, Absorbing Man, Titania, Malekith, Wendigo, Crimson Dynamo, to name a few.
  • I'm a hulk fan so red hulk would make a great addition along with abomination. Dracula would be a fun add on and with that brings me back to my original point of bringing evil groups together like the cabal, thunderbolts, sinister six, and the brotherhood of mutants
  • Square
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    A fair few mutants:
    Blob and Toad are probably the two most iconic members of the Brotherhood of mutants still missing from the game. I could also see Sabretooth, Mr Sinister, Emma Frost, and of course, Apocalypse as all being potential adds.

Let's not get into the whole "Marvel's no promoting mutants" thing.
    You'll have to ask Prof X and Cyclops about the no promoting mutants thing icon_e_biggrin.gif

Toad doesn't deserve an appearance, and I wonder if even Blob does. Blob's been in Uncanny X-Men in the last year, doing nothing. And his film appearance wasn't so good. I don't know why, but the Brotherhood seem to be pretty D-list these days. Marauders are used more often and better. Sabretooth would be a fair addition, but his power set is so close to Wolverine. Mr. Sinister is a good choice. I loved the Brotherhood though, the ones who were in the original Days of Future Past storyline. They were my favourite villains as a kid.

And Emma Frost hasn't been a villain for 20 years! Winter Soldier isn't either. I would love to see a Bucky/Captain America though, maybe after Cap dies in the movies.

Mandarin is a good choice. I've heard Klaw is in Avengers, as a human, so he will need to get a higher profile. He's pretty C-list right now. Absorbing Man would be cool if they were creative with his powers. I've read the Walt Simonson Malekith story, plus the current one in Thor, and I watched the Thor movie, and the character is still pretty vague to me. Thumbs down on Wendigo though. He's been in three or four storylines total, right?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Square wrote:
    And Emma Frost hasn't been a villain for 20 years! Winter Soldier isn't either.

Ares and Sentry aren't "villains" either, although they've only be featured that way in MPQ so far. Both Emma and Bucky could be introduced as enemies, but I know what you mean.

Anyway, I think the "nemesis" type villains are probably worth immediate attention: Red Skull, The Mandarin, Norman Osborne.
    Follow that with a few characters like Emma Frost and Winter Soldier who can be used on either side of the story so that newer PvE is more flexible for re-runs. And then maybe villains such as Baron Zemo or Kang who have led teams or opposed the Avengers as a group.

And then that's already a huge pile of characters, not to mention adding more heroes, plus whatever other tie-ins come along. Thinking about it, that second category (characters which have been villains at some point) seems like the most likely source of new villains, like I said, it gives demiurge double the value for the one character developed.
  • Square
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    Ares and Sentry aren't "villains" either, although they've only be featured that way in MPQ so far. Both Emma and Bucky could be introduced as enemies, but I know what you mean.
    I didn't read deeply into Dark Reign, but they were on the Dark Avengers, so I guess that's why they're there, same as Bullseye dressed as Hawkeye, Moonstone as Ms. Marvel.

The Winter Soldier would work really well in a story like Enemy of the State, where he begins on the outside, and is recruited by the end.

But, Kang. He's just so good. I would love to see some kind of board reset, as he shifts time.

Just recalled one more, Annhilous. I'm a sucker for green and purple bad guys.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    hyperion wrote:
    Dracula would be a fun add on

I'd LOVE to see that someday -- maybe this Halloween, to counter Blade's release last Hween?

Marvel's version of Dracula was a fantastic villain (and I think a lot of people aren't aware of how frequently he's popped up outside of his own series and the various Blade miniseries over the years.)

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/ ... 71d81m.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    hyperion wrote:

I'd LOVE to see that someday -- maybe this Halloween, to counter Blade's release last Hween?

Marvel's version of Dracula was a fantastic villain (and I think a lot of people aren't aware of how frequently he's popped up outside of his own series and the various Blade miniseries over the years.)

Ya I agree I read up that Dracula got strong enough to even challenge Thor himself. And even had interactions with Dr. Strange
  • mando_514
    mando_514 Posts: 26
    Options
    If we're talking any villains from the Marvel Universe, I would love to see Dormammu, Super Skrull, and Sentinels.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again :

How can we have 3 different versions of Wolverine, but NOT .... ONE .... SINGLE .... SABERTOOTH?!
    It just ain't right!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hyperion wrote:
    hyperion wrote:

Ya I agree I read up that Dracula got strong enough to even challenge Thor himself. And even had interactions with Dr. Strange

I see Morbius coming before we get Drac.

but a halloween event with the Spirits of Vengeance would be pretty awesome!
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    hattarboy wrote:
    Redskull would be wicked. and maybe even an onslaught redskull as a 4*
    as for Hydra who best to lead them but Viper, she would be great to add.

Zemo!!!! They've certainly cast him for the movie. Daniel Bruhl is a great actor. Watch Rush.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:

"Spider-Man" villains:
    Yeah, we're pretty thin on the ground here currently. Norman Osborne is the most obvious candidate, and he's got a few forms he could take.
    There's Carnage, and the possibility of a second Venom, Vulture, Kraven, Rhino, Mysterio, Sandman, Shocker, the list goes on.

The problem here is that Marvel isn't directly promoting Spider-Man, so the villain in the next Spidey movie is likely the only one we'd see in this game.
    Mawtful wrote:
    Arch-enemies/nemeses:
    There are a few prominent heroes who are missing their nemesis from the game. Cap is missing Red Skull, Iron Man is missing the Mandarin, Black Panther is missing Klaw.

We're more apt to see Crossbones, Zemo, and whoever shows up in the Civil War movie. Klaw is a reality.
    Mawtful wrote:
    Plus, off the top of my head:
    Winter Soldier, Kang the Conqueror, Absorbing Man, Titania, Malekith, Wendigo, Crimson Dynamo, to name a few.

Winter Soldier will be the new Cap star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png After Steve dies. I'd like for Sam to pick up the shield, but Sebastian Stan is contracted for a LOT of movies; makes me think he'll pick up the shield in Steve's absence.

Kang is end-game. He's dope. The problem is that they've decided Thanos instead. If Kang gets a hold of the time stone, and resets the MCU, then he might make it into the game.

Absorbing Man is bonkers powerful, but a bit player. I don't see him showing up.

Malekith should have been in by now, if they were serious.

Titania? No idea.

Wendigo. That's assuming we go the wolverine direction and need something feral. We're more apt to see a real Sabertooth.

Crimson Dynamo, Whirlwind, Avalanche...they're most apt to show up if Inhumans goes a bit Tony Stark. otherwise, they'd most likely show up only if they need a new char at a cheap licensing price.