Alliance Cover Trades

With the exception of the new Ultron event and the ability to send team-ups, it honestly feels to me that alliances are kind of just a side note. Especially for those of us in smaller, private alliances. I've often wondered why we can't more actively help one-another get stronger. For example, I have two new covers I've drawn, and only have room to add one character. Well, my buddy in the alliance, or maybe my wife, who also plays, could use one of the covers because they've been wanting that character, or maybe they already have the character and want to strengthen it. If I'm not going to use it, why should I be forced to sell the cover?

There would need to be limits, of course. Maybe one gifted our traded cover per week. Definitely only within the alliance. Likely restricted to only covers currently sitting in inventory. Maybe both players pay a small amount of gold or Iso-8. Preferably Iso-8. If this were an option, or alliance might have done a bit better with Ultron.

This is a feature I would love to see.

Comments

• I love that idea....being able to trade a cover to an alliance member would be awesome. Charge 50 gold coins on the trade, and I may actually have to buy gold coins instead of just farming them. That would make money for the devs, and make most players happy
  • Yeah, if it's 25 for each player instead of 50. Hell, I'd be okay if they wanted to do an odd number like 5 or 10 each, because when they do the sales, I typically pick some up, and end up always having a little I can't use. What am I gonna do with 15 gold aside from rounding it into something substantial next time there's a sale? This would be a great way to give us something to spend that on.
  • Bump. Because of all the ideas I've had, this is the one I want most. Also, things get buried stupid fast in this forum...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    doubt this will ever happen because then nobody would ever buy covers. that happens too much for them to stop that cash flow. if it were to ever happen it would probably cost half of buying the cover ourtright. as in 625 for a *** and 1250 for a ****. that would still see a reduction in hp bought for them even at that cost. I would love it if they were to do it cheaper but I just don't think its on the table.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    i hope it gets through this time. it has been suggested so many times that i'm not holding my breath.
  • Yeah, I can see the logic in that. But, still, I don't think it's something they should do for free. That doesn't mean it isn't worth doing. There are so many characters now that it's becoming an issue for new players. The character list has doubled since I started. My wife and I have dropped about $30 or so on the game since we started playing. Largely, that's because we perceive the game as one where we don't need to pay in order to do well; we have spent that money because we enjoy the game and wanted little boosts. All of my gold, with little exception, has gone to roster slots. I know that buying covers is An option, but, frankly, it's too expensive to consider. $20 would get, what, two three star covers?

So In my opinion, not worth it unless I win a butt ton of hp. Everything I buy will be for expanding my roster.
  • Unfortunately it will never happen, at leeast not as it is being proposed. As a player, yeah, I would love this idea to be implemented, but there are a lot of things to be considered that goes beyond HP purchases.

For such feature to be implemented, first you would need some sort of cooldown between leaving and joning an alliance, or a trade "lockout" for x days of joining a new alliance, to prevent alliance hopping just to trade covers.

Drop rates would need to be significantly tuned down, else the "collection" aspect of the game will be gone, thus it will become just a ISO farming game, to lv only your favorite characters.

You cannot buy covers from colors you havent obtained already. Trading would make this "restriction" useless.

This could ruin the money the developers make with the game. Why spend HP in shields to get good placement and be rewarded with that cover you want if you try to obtain it by trade? People invest in shields because it is cheaper to buy 2-3 shields then to buy a 3-star for 1250 HP. Making trade available, even at half cost, would lower the incentive for shield buying too.

Roster slot issues are also a concern. With the already insane prices and questionable policy the developers have about it, people would simply stop buying slots (at least the expensive ones) just pursuing by trade the "best" characters around, thus optimizing their slots, not having to diversify much. This is the current tendency, it will become a law.

This is just a fast analysis of the repercussions.. there might be even deeper issues.
  • I have championed this Idea since I started Here. D3 has prevoiusly stated that they are averse to the concept due to the possibility of "gold farming".

I have since considered this, and have the ideal solution: a imcoin.png cost to both players who want to trade. I'll leave it up to debate what the cost should be, or even if it should be a fixed or variable cost per trade, but it is a simple way to ensure that trades are given a little weight to them, esp. by taking spideycoin.png from both sides.
  • D3 has prevoiusly stated that they are averse to the concept due to the possibility of "gold farming".

@IReallyHatePVP, I believe we are discussing different issues, or I got it wrong.

Gold Farming would only be possible if the player sold the cover to another player and received the HP. That is not the idea here.

What is being proposed is the possibility to gift or trade covers between alliance members, charging a symbolic value for it (so it is not free). This trading fee would go to D3go, not to the players.

Above I presented a few concerns with the addition of this feature.