PVP Suggestion for balancing

AugyTek
AugyTek Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
I know I am not the only one that is tired of dealing with monster players dominating the roster and getting stronger every event.

After doing some self experimentation with boosts and different characters, not surprisingly there is no way to take out a set of 3 star or 4 star characters at Max level with a set of non max 3 star or max 2 star characters, even with 100% damage boosts and then primary damage color boosts reinforced, as well as critical boost maxed. They simply just don't do enough damage, even if you play a stellar round against them, with multiple chains every move, and using your abilities to the fullest. It's disgusting and discouraging when i do 6K points of damage in a round from chains and abilities, and reduce a characters HP to half or less, and then on the next turn the enemy team makes a 4 or 5 chain move with a single critical, uses an ability, and decimates my team or destroys a character.

When the max character level PVP event that put all characters at level 270 was active, further experimentation was done. It was not fair nor balanced due to the amount of power covers a character had, which increased the overall damage/effect of the power far more than a character that had only 1 or 2 power covers, even if it was the same character.

So why in the heck are we forced to take on players that are that powerful as evenly matched opponents? Why are they even in the same classification as less powerful characters/players?

A couple of solutions to this is to do class separation. IN other words write into the code that if a player has at least one character that is lvl 95 or higher, they are put into a different bracketing system. You could even create an additional bracketing system just for the monster players where if the player has at least one character lvl 150 or higher, they are moved to a different bracket. With boosts, this would make the lowest player in the bracket even to the highest non boosted player in the bracket, approximately.

The other solution is to create PVP restriction events. IE if you have even one character over level "blah" you are not allowed to participate. The Deadpool PVE event kind of has this in effect with star restrictions, which is a poor imitation of this. (BTW get rid of that star limitation too, I am not purposefully keeping 3 slots reserved for 1 star **** characters that are a joke compared to even 2 star characters. Or give an alternative to completing the event.)

A more messy third option would be to calculate the total amount of ISO-8 that has been plugged into all the characters combined, as well as the amount currently in the player's reserve. This of course wouldn't be a true balance of power because if I had 90K iso 8 into a 2 star Daken, vs. 90K into a 3 star Daken, the 2 star would win every time. The same with higher 4 star characters as well, or special characters such as devil dino, Nick Fury, X force Wolverine, Star Lord, Prof X, or Ultron. (Err I mean Ultron isn't an attainable playable character ya....) Even among them, pumping the same amount into a 4 star as a 3 star would totally depend on the characters you pumped it into as to which ended up being stronger.

But quite frankly, I am bored with the PVP side, and the PVE side isn't all that interesting anymore either. You can only Ram your head up against a wall so much, until you decide that the wall actually won't give. I don't expect to win easily, or every time, that is not what I am asking for. Just a fair fight. Because I can just as easily take my money elsewhere and find games that are more satisfying and give more attention to balance rather than overall income.

This game is fun to be sure, but if you get to a certain point and your progress slows to a crawl, and participating in events but getting cheap prizes as a reward every time because a group of monsters comes through at the end of an event and brute forces their way to the top, how much longevity do you think that fun has?