Remove no gap PVE

Options
fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Please rethink no gap between PVE events. Players need time to recover their rosters after a event ends. Otherwise this just looks like a healthpack.png grab, 5 just won't be enough to sustain a transition from one event to the next

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Please rethink no gap between PVE events. Players need time to recover their rosters after a event ends. Otherwise this just looks like a healthpack.png grab, 5 just won't be enough to sustain a transition from one event to the next

i see no problem with no time off Events. If you want a break then start a later PVE the next time. Very few play the last 2 hours of the events anyways and i think they saw it.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

i see no problem with no time off Events. If you want a break then start a later PVE the next time. Very few play the last 2 hours of the events anyways and i think they saw it.

Is it opposite day? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't worry, we all know demiurge don't have the server capacity to maintain "No Gap PvE". The game will simply crash every 3, 4, or 7 days and events will be completely unaccessible - that's when you get to rest.

Otherwise, this too shall pass.
  • slidecage wrote:
    Very few play the last 2 hours of the events anyways and i think they saw it.

Your sarcasm is showing, right? Right??
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

Is it opposite day? icon_e_biggrin.gif

I want to hope he meant the first two hours.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Very few play the last 2 hours of the events anyways and i think they saw it.

Your sarcasm is showing, right? Right??

not really at least in my brackets. Say like this my end time is 3pm

I jump on at 8am meaning 4pm would be the end time (what ends at 3pm)

I come on around 8am im around 95th place play till around 10am and move to 33 place or something like that..
    I leave and come back around 1pm or 2pm im now rank 65th. I can play those last 3 hours without a pure refresh and never see my ranks go down. I see little movement in my brackets the last 1 to 2 hours. (top 10 mostly never move in my bracket in the last few hours)... few pves back in early April i stopped playing around 30 to 45 mins in (no more health packs) and never fell more then 5 or 6 slots in the last hour without playing

like i said these my just be my brackets
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    fmftint wrote:

They don't need to remove the gap. You don't have to join right when it starts.

I would suggest that they have a cut off/start up time from brackets. Maybe a bracket closes and one opens every 4 hours regardless of how many ppl are on the old bracket for the first 24 hours of an event. That way ppl who don't want to start right away are not penalized.

After the first 24 hours, enter at your own risk.
  • I about to ask the world's stupidest question...

If we're interested in progression rewards, we kind of need to start each node "back-to-back" to ensure adequate time, right?

I keep hearing about "late-starting," but if I'm hoping for progression rewards, I need to start immediately, right?

TIA for both answers and being gentle. icon_e_wink.gif

DBC
  • DrStrange-616
    Options
    I about to ask the world's stupidest question...

If we're interested in progression rewards, we kind of need to start each node "back-to-back" to ensure adequate time, right?

I keep hearing about "late-starting," but if I'm hoping for progression rewards, I need to start immediately, right?

TIA for both answers and being gentle. icon_e_wink.gif

DBC

The difficulty in gaining all the progression rewards varies wildly from event to event, but typically they are fairly easy to earn. If you're competing hard for placement, you will likely double or treble the points needed by the time the event ends. Most people who start immediately are more focused on their placement, since they're competing with others to earn the most points and place well in the event.

In other words, in most events you don't need to start right away to earn enough points for all of the progression rewards.

In other words, in most events you don't need to start right away to earn enough points for all of the progression rewards.

Thanks for the response. Some good info for me. So, based on my recent experience, and adding your comment, is the current 45000 final PR higher than average?

I ask because I thought I remembered them being closer to +-20000?

Thanks again, and cheers!

DBC
  • Nooneelsesname
    Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    If you want a break then start a later PVE the next time.

Because who cares about 20% of the people playing.

Actually, that will eventually turn into 100% of the people playing using this solution.

Or that the whole point of time slices and moving to 24 and 48 hour subs is so that people don't have to wake up in the middle of the night to play. Which usually means that there's only one slice that works for them.
  • DrStrange-616
    Options

Thanks for the response. Some good info for me. So, based on my recent experience, and adding your comment, is the current 45000 final PR higher than average?

I ask because I thought I remembered them being closer to +-20000?

Thanks again, and cheers!

DBC

There really isn't an average. Some are 45k, some 18k. It all depends on the event and the amount of points per node, number of nodes, subs, etc.

• There really isn't an average. Some are 45k, some 18k. It all depends on the event and the amount of points per node, number of nodes, subs, etc.

Cool.

Thanks again!

DBC
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I still have not started the Heroic going on right now, why should I care if the next PVE started right after this one?
    The reality is you don't have to start PVE when it opens and that is fine by me.