Competitive prog awards for Ultron PVE are bad for morale!!!

Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
The Ultron PVE has been a wonderful change of pace and a much welcome addition to the game.

However, the poorly thought out progression awards are more destructive and damaging to alliance morale than top 50 4* alliance awards ever where.

Please consider these points carefully, so that this can be addressed before the 2nd run of this event.

1. You strongly encouraged us to work within an alliance structure to signup, start, and progress this event.

2. However, the progression awards are designed to encourage players to score 1M points. Reports are that there are only 17.125M possible points. If that's the case, then you've put alliance team mates in a zero sum, "I win - you lose" proposition. I can not honestly believe that was an intended goal.
round 1 - 75k
round 2 - 150k
round 3- 400k
round 4 - 1kk
round 5 - 2kk
round 6 - 3kk
round 7 - 4,5kk
round 8 - 6kk
equals 17.125kk

3. In comparison, while top 50 4* alliance awards are destructive to alliances, they could be simply portrayed as, "Sorry, you just didn't accumulate enough points". Here, its you didn't accumulate enough points because Aron, Bill, Charlie, Dan, Edward, Finn, Garry had to make 1M points and there weren't enough points left for you. I can appreciate that it may not be appropriate to give out coveted 3* covers to every person who plays the event, but you should never have put alliance commanders in a position to have to say.

"I need you to stop playing so that your teammates can get cover awards". If it isn't economically feasible for everyone on the alliance to receive the highest award, then please just make the awards 20 ISO.

What is even worse is when I have to have a hard conversation with a member along the lines of, "why did you take all the points, now 1/4 of the alliance will miss the 1M mark. We sent message after message, please stop accumulating points"

Delivering bad news is part of every commanders responsibility, but I really resent having to "discipline players for being successful"

4. The lack of notice on the reward structure of Ultron Prime made it impossible for us to adequately plan and communicate how people where going to achieve 1M points. We all saw the simple progression awards on "Avengers vs Ultron" so it leads everyone to think that this is a non competitive design and people can play at their schedule. However, Ultron Prime's progression awards are competitive within the alliance and are designed so that not everyone in the alliance can achieve those totals. We should have been made aware of that possibility so that we could have avoided this situation.

"Commander, I'm at 980,000 and my ultron nodes disappeared. what happened"

This just causes resentment and distrust among teammates, and should have been cited as a key concern in the design of the progression awards.

Its one thing, when we've played the same events over and over and over and everyone knows what to expect. But this was a new event with a new design, scoring, and progression awards. People were excited and eager to play this event through completion. Now, you've just caused people to resent and distrust their fellow teammates with respect to their chosen play style.

Solution,
I really like the event, its new and novel. But please either allow a 9th round for people to complete the progression or just cut out the cover awards. Its not worth it to the commanders to moderate disputes between alliance members as to who should have gotten the 3rd QS cover.

I am going to sign this with my real name so that people don't assume that I'm an anonymous person sniping behind a keyboard.
phu chau
Lost Ghosts alliance

Comments

• Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    It has to be a bug with the event. I'm sure they're just taking the morning to figure out how to fix or compensate for it.