Ultron Event Story?

Esheris
Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I noticed there wasn't a story with this new Ultron Event, was just curious to know why not. It would be fun to see a story with him. ^_^

Comments

• Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since it's basically a promotion event for the Age of Ultron movie, it makes sense that they kept the in-game story to a bare minimum, because they want you to go see that instead for the full story (which you should anyway, because it's among the best Marvel movies so far).
  • Esheris wrote:
    I noticed there wasn't a story with this new Ultron Event, was just curious to know why not. It would be fun to see a story with him. ^_^
    Ultron story:

Marvel Overlords: Hey D3, you need to have an age of ultron tie-in for our movie!

D3: But that means new content! Oh Noes! GET TO WORK PROGRAMMERS!

*a couple days later*

D3: WHY ARENT YOU DONE YET PROGRAMMERS!??!?!?

Programmers: We're about to put the story i-

D3: NO STORY!!!! WE NEED $$$ NOW! MONEY ISN'T IN STORY!

Marvel Overlords: Oh and put movie-tie in characters

D3: PROGRAMMERS, WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!??!?!?!

Programmers: Trying to make sure quicksilver is playable...

D3: WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT TRYING TO BALANCE CHARACTERS? HURRY UP AND PUT HIM IN AND SCARLET WITCH!

**THE END**
  • If you look at the blurb before the mission on Ultron Prime (yes I know nobody besides me reading them) there seems to be an attempt at a story, though it's mostly like 'Ultron is shooting lasers at everyone, hit him harder to make him stop'.

By the way, I'm pretty sure the guy who does the programming isn't writing the story. At least, it wouldn't be a very good idea.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    By the way, I'm pretty sure the guy who does the programming isn't writing the story. At least, it wouldn't be a very good idea.

Nothing about demiurge's design, development, deployment or support processes has every really stuck out as "a good idea".
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    If you look at the blurb before the mission on Ultron Prime (yes I know nobody besides me reading them) there seems to be an attempt at a story, though it's mostly like 'Ultron is shooting lasers at everyone, hit him harder to make him stop'.

The "Required Task" bar comes up so quickly that I never noticed there was any text there to read. Because Hulk is so frequently an essential character for this event and because they knew there would be limited room to explain the plot, I kind of wish they told the whole story from Hulk's perspective (not Bruce Banner's, mind you, Hulk's). If nothing else, it could be kind of hilarious...
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Phantron wrote:
    If you look at the blurb before the mission on Ultron Prime (yes I know nobody besides me reading them) there seems to be an attempt at a story, though it's mostly like 'Ultron is shooting lasers at everyone, hit him harder to make him stop'.

I read those as well, I wasn't counting that as the story. Usually there are back-and-forth dialogues after you press the "Fight" button. ^.^
  • Phantron wrote:

It's the only way to explain why story is nil and balancing is ****, they suffer at the expense of other things, much like a retail job