What Happens After Ultron Round 8

Colognoisseur
Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
We just finished Round 8 and the essentials and boss Ultron are now gone.
If you have members of your alliance who haven't crossed the final progression leave things for them to get the points.

They may come back when the essentials refresh at 8PM my time and if they do I'll update this.

Comments

• Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    If you have members of your alliance who haven't crossed the final progression leave things for them to get the points.

They may come back when the essentials refresh at 8PM my time and if they do I'll update this.

Hopefully it comes back. If not, we were secretly competing against our alliance mates for progression awards.

But even if it does come back after a reset, this has the potential to strand people shy of 1M on the final reset.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Hey Colog - I'm curious, what team where you using most often against the late (round 7/8) Ultron to whittle down his points?
    I've mostly been using LThor/XFW/Mags - basically gather Black to SS, then gather Red for Mags and Yellow->Green for LThor.

Thanks for any insight.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2015
    I seriously hope he comes back in the refresh, otherwise they lied about the event. It is not in any way coop. Its a competative vs against your alliance teammates, and instead of creating camaraderie can possibly create anger towards each other.

We need a dev to comment asap so everyone can plan ahead and maximize rewards in the alliance.

Thanks Colognoisseur for posting this!! We all appreciate it. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Hey Colog - I'm curious, what team where you using most often against the late (round 7/8) Ultron to whittle down his points?
    I've mostly been using LThor/XFW/Mags - basically gather Black to SS, then gather Red for Mags and Yellow->Green for LThor.

Thanks for any insight.

best teams to fight ultron in my opinion are MNM/cyke/lcap or XF/cyke/lcap or GSBW/cyke/lcap - any of them worked perfect, first one was the fastest, but things can go down fast with it later on since ultron hits for 4k
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    It's kinda funny that after all the hate talk for "bagsilver", people still want to get him. XD

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mocking y'all, I want to get all the progression rewards, too. Just kinda amusing.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor

Thanks for any insight.

I was using Prof X and Iron fist plus a rotating group of the boosted characters. GSBW was insane because after I got to 11 purple AP I could set up two match 5's at least and oh yeah Sniper Rifle is pretty good too.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor

Thanks for any insight.

Punisher red works fine if you get him to 40%
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    It's kinda funny that after all the hate talk for "bagsilver", people still want to get him. XD

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mocking y'all, I want to get all the progression rewards, too. Just kinda amusing.
    progression is progression. For me is not so much QS but knowing how this all play out for SW/Hulkbuster. It looks like we'll have to drop down to 12-15 to insure everyone gets all 3 covers
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint wrote:

progression is progression. For me is not so much QS but knowing how this all play out for Hulkbuster. It looks like we'll have to drop down to 12-15 to insure everyone gets all 3 covers

Well, I imagine Hulkbuster will be like SW is now, where you fight Prime. That's got nothing to do with the progression points.

But SW will probably take QS's place in the next one as the progression reward, and she definitely IS desirable. XD
  • Nooneelsesname
    Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, intra-alliance competition is super not cool. Looks like it's only possible for 15 of our 20 members to hit 1 million and that can only happen if we ask the top 5 and bottom 5 to stop playing the event and those that are about to hit max progression need to do exact damage in their last Ultron fight and then retreat. Ultron needs to have enough total health to have everyone hit all the progressions.

Edit to add: This could be solved by allowing people to continue to gain points after the Eighth Basic Ultron is defeated. Storyline justification is that he is downed or not based on the total event timer. If you have beaten the Eighth Basic Ultron and are working on the Ninth when the timer runs out, he has a power surge and self destructs.

Also, I love the event minus the server issues and this one aspect.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:

progression is progression. For me is not so much QS but knowing how this all play out for SW/Hulkbuster. It looks like we'll have to drop down to 12-15 to insure everyone gets all 3 covers
    Hopefully they will just fix the glitch and let people progress. I like the fact that my alliance is almost done with the event and we can have 2 days off before the next one starts. A 12-15 person alliance can do it in the 4 1/2 days, but you still might be excluding the lower level players on an alliance.

Also rounds 1-3 were just not worth that many points compared to 6,7,8. The last 3 rounds are where the big points are, and again lower level players in my alliance have struggled with them. They are not losing but are burning through health packs. They should not be punished because the alliance did so well together.

I saw ICE on line and sent him a PM in the hopes of getting the Decs to look into this.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards

Did the main nodes return after the 8pm node refresh?
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Phumade wrote:

Did the main nodes return after the 8pm node refresh?

Nope, still MIA unfortunately.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    free bump to get the word out. icon_cool.gif
  • Yea this sucks. Make sure alliance folk know once you hit a million, hit the brakes a bit, especially if there is still time on the clock.
    1kk
    2kk
    3kk
    4,5kk
    6kk

equals 17.125kk
  • I have a question.
    What we have to do in order to win hulkbuster?
    is there another ultron story with 8 round like the one we are doing now?

thanks a lot.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I have a question.

thanks a lot.

Yes. The event will repeat with Hulkbuster covers as rewards once this one ends.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a question.

thanks a lot.

Yes. The event will repeat with Hulkbuster covers as rewards once this one ends.

This info was very appreciated. Our first ones hit 1 million in the refresh after this info was out, we now have nine sitting at one million, with a few more to hit it in the refresh that is about to hit.

Will it be "rewards" for Hulkbuster? I haven't read anywhere, I was wondering if we'll get three covers as "easily" as we did for SW, or if there will only be one cover at the top, or if Ultron will have more levels added (HB at 8/9/10?)
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    This info was very appreciated. Our first ones hit 1 million in the refresh after this info was out, we now have nine sitting at one million, with a few more to hit it in the refresh that is about to hit.

Will it be "rewards" for Hulkbuster? I haven't read anywhere, I was wondering if we'll get three covers as "easily" as we did for SW, or if there will only be one cover at the top, or if Ultron will have more levels added (HB at 8/9/10?)

It could also just be that the QS essentials will switch to SW essentials. Without buying covers or getting token pulls, the best you can have for her will be 1-1-1 which will greatly increase those node difficulties. QS gets a bad rap, but he was pretty useful/usable in his required nodes with only a few covers in each color.