4* nerfs ultron to blame?

Heartburn
Heartburn Posts: 527
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
this event would seem to be a cake walk with the previous versions of the heroes that got nerfed. And now the 4 thor yellowflag.png nerf kinda makes sense if looking at in terms of this event. which makes the nerfing even more stupid if they did it for this reason. Not happy about nerfs in general and only somewhat happy about the event waiting to see if our causal alliance can handle it.

Comments

• Heartburn wrote:
    this event would seem to be a cake walk with the previous versions of the heroes that got nerfed. And now the 4 thor yellowflag.png nerf kinda makes sense if looking at in terms of this event. which makes the nerfing even more stupid if they did it for this reason. Not happy about nerfs in general and only somewhat happy about the event waiting to see if our causal alliance can handle it.

GT yellowflag.png would still be pretty much a nonfactor if we could still lock an ultron sentry for 4 turns and instantly kill the other with blue+red
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I'm sure She-Hulk lost her CD removal for the Event.

I don't care now. I want more boss fights and other Puzzles. Ultron is a game changer, literally, and I like what I see.
  • I'm sure She-Hulk lost her CD removal for the Event.

I don't care now. I want more boss fights and other Puzzles. Ultron is a game changer, literally, and I like what I see.

I mean, they turned her into a pvp contender, so not that sure we can really whine about that one.
    Her green is straight up nuts now
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Heartburn wrote:

That would explain the sudden timing of 4or, xforce, winfinite, etc.
  • Err'body in the club wearin tin hats.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards

For one single CD tile ability in the whole event? Which isn't all that great because it stuns the same person 3 times instead of spreading it across your team.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I believe that the nerfs were planned with pvp in mind (almost exclusively), and that the diminished impact of some characters in the Ultron event is just a byproduct of those choices: don't forget that Invisible Woman can still target the Ultron tiles with her blue at five.

They could have easily added other abilities and/or immunities to Ultron, in order to counter the skills and combos of the pre-nerf 4*.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Eddiemon wrote:

For one single CD tile ability in the whole event? Which isn't all that great because it stuns the same person 3 times instead of spreading it across your team.
    Lol. Yeah, that was actually a pretty dumb comment on my part. Apparently, I'm not so good at conspiracy theories.

I do think they want goons to be more of a challenge, but... uh... yeah... CD removal wouldn't get you very far vs. Ulton goons anyway. Others also pointed out that CD removal is perhaps a bigger threat to some PvP character powersets (Starlord, Kingpin) than goons anyway.

Thanks for the comments.