Quitting for different reason than everyone else...

Let me say for start - Iam not angry. I dont care about nerfs, I dont care that much about health boosts, I dont care about microtransactions and bait and switch tactics ( companies have to do that these days I suppose - Iam not happy about it, but its the sad truth ). Iam leaving the game because its not fun for me anymore... It feels like a chore. They come up with new event - cool, kudos for that. But wait what? It requires me to clear bunch of nodes as fast as possible and then wait for 8 hours? Ive seen that somewhere.... yea, its like every single tinykitty event they do.

Yea characters get nerfed cos its too strong, thats to be expected, its your fault youre stupid enough to sink unholy amounts of money to buy HP and get overcosted covers... I mean seriously - getting three covers and buying the rest 10 covers with real money and then spending all that iso to level it up - it must cost many dozen of dollars if not hundreds to get one frikkin character. You knew that the character can change, theyve been doing buffs and nerfs since day 1. You know theyre stupid cover system doesnt have a respec option and their resell policy is tinykitty. You knew all that, spent tons of money and know you QQ about it.

Anyway - as I said, Iam not quitting because any of that. Ive spent about 60 bucks on this game. And with almost 700 hours played its the single best game in hours to money ratio I have on my steam account. But still I cant force myself through it anymore. Its super boring. Playing nodes after nodes, wait 8 hours and rinse and repeat, just cant stand it anymore. And the developers approach to fix this issue - we will make new event, which ends up being actually the same thing. They make new NPC characters with new abilities which should "spice" things up... Except it doesnt... All it achieves is makes the fights more annoying, take longer time, and create unavoidable damage to your characters so you have to take more breaks and play more often.... Shame on you guys. This game is not fun anymore, and youre making it worse.

I guess Iam hooked on this game too deep to simply "become" casual about it. It can be fun. It is fun I guess when youre new. I was fun when I started playing over a year ago. But in the long run the grindy nature of all the events just leaves you completely squished out and hollowed.

Bye

Comments

• evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do next

And thanks for calling people who buy covers stupid.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    well i bought covers for xforce and i feel stupid for it.
  • All games lose their "fun factor" eventually for us , the important part is , how long it takes for that to happen .
    Ur saying u had an over year run , and damn sure it was pretty fun most of it .
    its not work so u cant be burnt out , its a fun activity , and when the fun stops , u should as well , look for something else , and after a while u might even pick it up again , damn , i have 2 pc games that i keep going back to play them each year or two , am not sure i can name them here lol , but , am sure all of u know what am talking about .

plus there isnt 1 single game out there free/in game pay or bought which can satisfy all ur gaming needs , even a VR world game fails to do that .

where am going with all of this , simple , i understand what u feel and just want u to know , someone heard u and felt the same way about other , many other games before .

so , gl in any game u might pick up soon , and if u fel u like to check this 1 again , no problem for sure , unless the unthinkable happens and the company gets bankrupt or something < yea i know perish the thought lol> .
  • evil panda wrote:

When you get a 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th cover and every other less than a month after you will feel stupid for buying that 5th one.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    evil panda wrote:

When you get a 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th cover and every other less than a month after you will feel stupid for buying that 5th one.

It's happened to all of us who have bought covers. Ultimately, you buy covers to accelerate your game, not because you think you will never get that cover.

Time equals money and vice versa.
  • Good thinking icon_e_smile.gif

Though I don't get the part about "everyone else". I read a ton of quitting threads, I saw majority leave due to "game is no longer fun". With frequent addition of "for quite some time now".

And the not-fun causes are mostly around "repeating the same all too many times", maybe with insult added to the injury in "at forced time-points".

I remember one veteran who wrote he woke up on the alarm the zillionth time and just decided he can't stand to launch the game one more time.

This game follows all the principles pointed out in the South Park Freemium episode to maximum exploit. It's amazing that so many people STILL managed to find fun in it, most going around develepers intent or in collateral activities (like in and interalliance interactions, this forum, memes, etc.) But none of that can compensate the inherent dullness of the game where it is intentionally kept, endlessly.

I think it's rally sad that the original business model for games (the one that went for maximizing fun, player love and retention) does not work out these days -- I didn't spend a cent on MPQ despite having 1365 hours logged by steam -- would be happy to throw in hundreds for that correct model. Maybe someone reinvents it eventually.
  • Quitting because I can't find fun in the game anymore.

Quitting for the same reason than everyone else.