Ultron focuses on every bad/cheap game mechanic in the book.

It feels like the cheapest medpack sucker you guys could have possibly invented. Why do you do this to people?

The missions force you to only use avengers characters if you haven't played the game forever and leveled some rares up to crazyness. You can't stun Ultron. He spams protect tiles to ruin your dmg, and attack and damage tiles to ruin your health. You can't even use a weaker character because of the damage/attack tiles and the fact that he also spams full team dmg. On top of all this, you decided he should heal absolutely stupid amounts of health and stun with a 3 tile spawn that is almost impossible to stop entirely. While I'm busy trying to clear the spammed enemy tiles automatically ruining my game, he's getting cascades left and right and throwing out heals and full team dmg over and over again.

You limit me by forcing me to use avengers, then limit me by making anyone with a stun focus worthless. Then you cheaply destroy the health bars of the few usable characters I do have with every frustrating game mechanic all thrown into one fight. Once you lose a couple times and it sucks up all your health packs, thats it. I know you want me to buy more, but I'm not. I will never buy a medpack and you guys are just ruining your own game with this mechanic.

All that cheap and frustrating stuff would go out the window if you didn't decide to penalize people with time or cash for losing a game.

Comments

• Apparently they said it was going to be hard by design at some point here on the forums, which is fair. All I can say is I guess I lucked out by already having 3* cap and GSBW, because the only thing that gave me any problems were the Ultron bombs randomly wiping my team before I could burst him down or match/replace his tiles. On the matter of stuns, he'd be completely worthless if you could stun lock him, there wouldn't be any challenge in facing him.

It used up a lot of med kits, but when it's on an 8 hour refresh anyway, you only need to clear the nodes once. My biggest complaint with the event was requiring Quicksilver, whose usefulness is pretty questionable (IMO anyway, his black is alright for this event, but I get shut down on match 4s or 5s all the time with his stupid locked tiles that rarely ever actually blow up)

Everyone's experience will vary with the event but it's different and personally, I found it to be a lot more fun than going up against mega buffed Ares, Bullseye, or Daken 1000 times over in the normal PvE grinds

(as this will probably come up, my GSBW and LCap are 140 and 115 respectively, I don't have a team of 3*s yet, so everything I was throwing at them was around 94-115 aside from GSBW who is my highest leveled character)
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    SlamDunc wrote:
    Apparently they said it was going to be hard by design at some point here on the forums, which is fair. All I can say is I guess I lucked out by already having 3* cap and GSBW, because the only thing that gave me any problems were the Ultron bombs randomly wiping my team before I could burst him down or match/replace his tiles. On the matter of stuns, he'd be completely worthless if you could stun lock him, there wouldn't be any challenge in facing him.

It used up a lot of med kits, but when it's on an 8 hour refresh anyway, you only need to clear the nodes once. My biggest complaint with the event was requiring Quicksilver, whose usefulness is pretty questionable (IMO anyway, his black is alright for this event, but I get shut down on match 4s or 5s all the time with his stupid locked tiles that rarely ever actually blow up)

Everyone's experience will vary with the event but it's different and personally, I found it to be a lot more fun than going up against mega buffed Ares, Bullseye, or Daken 1000 times over in the normal PvE grinds

(as this will probably come up, my GSBW and LCap are 140 and 115 respectively, I don't have a team of 3*s yet, so everything I was throwing at them was around 94-115 aside from GSBW who is my highest leveled character)

Quicksilver was better for this event than hulk, ironman or Thor (imho) for the required character nodes. I used him with Dakon and Luke Cage. Cage kept their damage from doing much to me, and what damage they did do, I tried to focus on Daken for the quick healing. Matched blues and greens whenever possible so that quicksilvers blue passive power would do a ton of team damage and since his blue is passive, the blue from matching let Daken spam attacks. The green is bonus for QS to plop crit tiles every now and then. Store up yellows and blacks for stage 2, where you can use luke cage to pretty much wipe out the entire opposing team in 1 turn.

I didn't have QS black power until near the end of the event, but even then, I found Cage's black to be better use of the AP.

As for Ultron himself, I used the same as you: GSBW @113 (5-3-5) and Cap (started the event at level 80, finished at 105, 3-5-5). For my third, I used my level 80 Hood (3-5-5). I lost once the entire event with that combo. I tried using loki/patch and Doc Oc, Storm (2 and 3), magneto (2 and 3), hulk, and thor: going with the "If the bombs get low, I can try and re-arrange the board" strategy, but that turned out to bite me in the **** more than it helped. The GSBW/lCap, and Hood worked perfect, as all 6 colors were covered, 5/6 were useful for clearing specific tiles, 4 did damge, and one pulled cap's shield back faster... all while stealing any AP Ultron matched in cascades to speed up the powers.