Timezone problem with Ultron event

hamsingame
hamsingame Posts: 66 Match Maker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I feel like someone should have thought of this when designing the event; since I'm from Australia and in an alliance comprised mostly of other timezones, when I'm awake there's almost no movement on Ultron's hp other than what I cause so it looks like I'll be stuck on one "Round" every time I'm awake.

Then when I'm asleep I'll probably miss 2 rounds totally if people are on the ball. That'll mean it will be hard (well, harder, I can't say how hard it will actually be) for people in my situation to get the progression rewards in the Ultron Prime sub.

By and large D3 did a good job of making this game agnostic of this particular issue, but here it is, back again!

Comments

• esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    I think you're going to find there will be plenty of pounding on Ultron for rounds 6,7, and 8 to get you there.

The early rounds did go fast. The health on these later rounds seems like it will make the difference.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I believe they mentioned somehwere that they couldn't do multiple time slices for technical reasons or something.

In any event, multiple slices would be difficult w/r/t an alliance-based team event. Would the first person in pick the slice for the entire team, etc.

I feel for you though. Hope it all works out for you time-shifting or not!
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    hamsingame wrote:
    I feel like someone should have thought of this when designing the event; since I'm from Australia and in an alliance comprised mostly of other timezones, when I'm awake there's almost no movement on Ultron's hp other than what I cause so it looks like I'll be stuck on one "Round" every time I'm awake.

By and large D3 did a good job of making this game agnostic of this particular issue, but here it is, back again!

It's really not. I'm in Australia as well, and yes, the early rounds raced by, but he had almost negligible health then. I slept for 6 hours though, and I assure you the alliance didn't race through round 5 - there was still plenty of health to go 'round. Wait and see how the later rounds go before casting too much judgement.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in the same situation. Started the event and found myself in round 4 and 200k behind in points compared to the leaderboard in the alliance. I played through today and almost finished round 5 but there's still a 200k gap. I think I may have to communicate to other members in the alliance to stop playing once they hit 1 million so that other players can farm those points if there isn't 20 million points in the whole event to distribute to everyone.

Round 5, ultron had 2 million in health. So rounds 6-8 have to total 16-17 million. I doubt that is the case.

Edit: Round 6 is 3 million. At this rate, there will only be 10 million points or so. Half the alliance is going to miss out. Even less if the scores are spread out evenly
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    The early rounds is where you get your HP/ISO rewards quickly, and points for the overall "Prime" bracket. I was wondering about this for our foreign players, by the time they got into event we were on Ultron 4. It seems like it's going back to the days of needing all-US/EU or all-APAC alliances.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Here's my personal experience. My alliance has a large portion of members outside the U.S. And ppl are basically in different time zones. For round 1 I managed to go 3 matches total before it moved to round 2! So. .. am i totally screwed for the point progression rewards? Thankfully, the answer is no---IF you have a good enough roster to pound ultron&minies in the middle rounds. I did 2 full clears of round 4&5, plus 3 full clears of round 6. So after the carnage, I am currently sitting in first place in my alliance with 548,000 points.

If you have a decent roster (three and four stars who could take a vicious pounding or two), you could certainly catch up. However, if you're a two star player, then no you won't be able to make up for the easy points from the earlier rounds.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agree with what has already been said, rounds 5-8 will take a lot more combined effort, so you'll get some good chances at racking up points.
    I think the biggest barrier for me this time around was not being able to play for ~11 hours thanks to events not loading or the app not even starting. And even that hasn't been a huge detriment - I'm currently #7 overall for my alliance, so I clearly wasn't held up that badly.