Is there any way to tell how many enemy are there in a wave?

AnonymousMPQ
AnonymousMPQ Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I was doing Ultron waves and I was used to getting 2 waves of 3 each but then I got surprises when I hit a node with 2 waves of 5 and 4.

It didn't go well...

Would there have been anyway for me to have known before the fight?

Comments

• Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    There's a little number on the portraits (lower right) of enemy that shows how many remaining are in the current wave. At least on mobile devices that is the case.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe Anon means before starting the fight. I got a nasty surprise myself in a Quicksilver node on Round 3. "Wait...when did there start being 5 sentries in a wave?!"
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    I believe Anon means before starting the fight. I got a nasty surprise myself in a Quicksilver node on Round 3. "Wait...when did there start being 5 sentries in a wave?!"

Yeah, I could swear the OBW essential I just did had 6 or 7 in the first wave. Was not expecting that.
  • The top QS node in round 5 has 6 initial enemies leading into 3 Gunners who will wreck your crew if you leave too many specials out.

In general no, you can't tell before hand, but you could ask around. Maybe someone in your Alliance knows for a particular node.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:

Yeah, I could swear the OBW essential I just did had 6 or 7 in the first wave. Was not expecting that.

I just did that essential in Round 3 myself. Yeah, 6 in the first wave, 3 in the second, I believe.

Poor Storm. She did not last long. Kinda great how if there are three Flyers (or whichever one does "Swarm") in a wave, they'll all fire Swarm at the same time. Fills me with joy.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    The top QS node in round 5 has 6 initial enemies leading into 3 Gunners who will wreck your crew if you leave too many specials out.

In general no, you can't tell before hand, but you could ask around. Maybe someone in your Alliance knows for a particular node.
    I just beat this one. There were a lot on first wave, previously there were like 4 on each wave.

Thanks to Odin my strat has been working: Patch + LDaken can survive ok if I dont let the blue sentry trigger the criticals, and I get to wave 2 with max green AP and enough red to use TBTI at least one time, then unleash it all at once on them.