Oscorp Heroic (April 24-May 1)

Options
2»

Comments

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The first new node in the main sub was just plain annoying. Two Lieutenants spamming heals, and the rocket guy blasting everyone away. My roster barely cleared that node, since I had a whole 5 toons to pick from, and one of them is my 0/1/0 Steve.

Hard to see how to reach 45K points for the second Steve, and I've been pretty faithfully clearing essentials (I'm sitting in T100 in my bracket with just under 25K points, and I made T10 in the last sub). The progression awards have been bad lately, like they're still tuned for 3h refreshes instead of 8h.

I do like the Magneto - Storm - Cyclops team in the new sub though. Either yellow or purple get them rolling pretty fast.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm only able to beat these nodes with my Steve Rogers who already had 5 Red! I started the event this morning, I don't need the progression, just She Hulk. But I can see how annoying this would be for players who really need that last red cover.

I actually just bought my 5th red cover with HP 2 weeks ago, money well spent. Now I'm not mad he's the progression here because it seems to difficult to reach. You would have to skip Ultron entirely just to reach him. They should had really lowered the progression for this event, especially when you can't even use all your characters!
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm only able to beat these nodes with my Steve Rogers who already had 5 Red! I started the event this morning, I don't need the progression, just She Hulk. But I can see how annoying this would be for players who really need that last red cover.

I actually just bought my 5th red cover with HP 2 weeks ago, money well spent. Now I'm not mad he's the progression here because it seems to difficult to reach. You would have to skip Ultron entirely just to reach him. They should had really lowered the progression for this event, especially when you can't even use all your characters!

I'm actually still trying to reach 45000 and currently grinding my face off. Probably not going to happen due to the lapses/my work schedule, but I'm not giving up! lol

Edit: I did it! Woo hoo!

DBC
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would you believe I pulled Steve Red from a standard token yesterday? That takes a little of the sting out of falling short of the stupid-high progression reward. I'm over 10K points short with <12h left even though I'm just inside top-50. Ridiculous.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pretty chuffed that I more or less obtained all the rewards given the fact I didn't really push myself to participate in this event (due to simultaneous PvE events) - granted, I'd assume other players are the same mentality, not play religiously for icon_shehulk.png then again for icon_captainamerica.png