Compensation

DEWDuck
DEWDuck Posts: 84 Match Maker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I would like to hear from D3 directly here on what they plan to do about compensation.

I have been locked out for all but 1 1/2 hours since 9am pst. I was lucky enough to do a little climb in Ultron before I got shut out again. Then to loose 100 in pvp while I was unable to access.

When I was able to get back on I used my time to make up those points and put up a shield.

There are now no events available and I have lost anytime to get a decent score in this pvp.

Players like me and many others deserve a well thought out apology and compensation. I have been playing this game since the first week and have seen it all.

And this is the worst.

Your customers deserve better.

Comments

• TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    I imagine you'll get something. They've been good about giving out cover tokens and stuff for when things go haywire.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've missed all of round 4 progression, my team has begun round 5, which has handicapped my main progression. Should at least be due all round 4 rewards plus whatever they cover moving forward
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm sure we have 3 Ultron tokens coming our way.
  • Here, take this event token with a Moonstone inside as a compensation.
  • I don't understand web.png why some people are able to play. I've been locked out all afternoon and evening. I did get to play the first three rounds, but that's it. They had to have realized that the servers would be hit hard when this event opened. We will probably all get tokens, but we are missing out on the end of season and much more. I hope they are still trying to fix this, its been over 3 hours now with no updates. icon_e_sad.gif
  • I can tell you exactly what kind of compensation you're going to get by trying to reach them on the forum in one of a dozen similar threads, all of which will be buried by tomorrow...that's right. Nothing.

E-mail them and fill out a claim ticket and then wait for them to get to yours after the thousands of others who already did. You'll get something eventually. Not trying to be a jerk. This is all just how it is.
  • and be as specific as possible about your problem and whatever losses you may have taken. include screenshots if possible.
  • What could they possibly give us that would actually make up for this absolute disaster? I don't know that there is anything short of a fully covered Scarlet Witch and fully covered HulkBuster that would be good enough... and that is just factoring in all of the wasted time "checking" to see if it is working again or not.

I have played every single COD the night it came out, and none of those launches (the biggest game in the world) have ever been THIS bad. I can't say that I expected it to run smooth... I just told 2 of my alliance members not to get their hopes up last night. I said "why are you so excited about this? What have they actually done right in the last month? NOTHING! So why do you think this is going to come up smelling like roses?"

People compared this to other "launches" that didn't go well, in other threads, this is like nothing I have seen before... unless you count hackers taking down PSN and XBL at Christmas time. They probably would be better of claiming they have been hacked by "North Korea"! icon_e_surprised.gif
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    One, I highly doubt you'll get a fully covered Hulkbuster, inasmuch as he isn't even featured in this event.

Two...just calm down, mate. Yeah, stuff like this happens to a LOT of game developers. People either overestimate how much their servers can handle, or they underestimate how popular something is going to be when it first comes up, after being heavily hyped. Trust me, I've been a Blizzard follower for a long time, I know a thing or two about trying to play something really popular/hyped right at release.

You folks will get compensated, I'm sure. It's okay to be upset, but don't panic and freak out.
  • Yeah...we'll get compensated alright. Probably 2 or 3 prize pack tokens that will yield a lovely 2* cover. Some folks have missed upward of 9 node clears....which if one were lucky enough...that could be 18 prize packs...
  • DEWDuck
    DEWDuck Posts: 84 Match Maker
    I can tell you exactly what kind of compensation you're going to get by trying to reach them on the forum in one of a dozen similar threads, all of which will be buried by tomorrow...that's right. Nothing.

E-mail them and fill out a claim ticket and then wait for them to get to yours after the thousands of others who already did. You'll get something eventually. Not trying to be a jerk. This is all just how it is.

If you are not trying to be a jerk then don't act like one and apologize for it in your own post. If you think this extra waste of time by sending in a ticket (which I already have) will make a difference you haven't been around this game long enough.

Probably like many people I have still not received a resolution for the 12 stock piled Daily Tacos that disappeared last month.

If you read my post the context was not asking for personal compensation, but asking for an explanation for what they plan to do and an apology for all of us who have been affected.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brochacho wrote:
    Yeah...we'll get compensated alright. Probably 2 or 3 prize pack tokens that will yield a lovely 2* cover. Some folks have missed upward of 9 node clears....which if one were lucky enough...that could be 18 prize packs...
    Or, you know, their shield timers or the end of events
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Well, the last time there was an access problem -- one which impacted a lot fewer people -- they gave everyone a heroic 10-pack. I expect they'll do at least the same this time.
  • DEWDuck wrote:
    I can tell you exactly what kind of compensation you're going to get by trying to reach them on the forum in one of a dozen similar threads, all of which will be buried by tomorrow...that's right. Nothing.

If you are not trying to be a jerk then don't act like one and apologize for it in your own post. If you think this extra waste of time by sending in a ticket (which I already have) will make a difference you haven't been around this game long enough.

Probably like many people I have still not received a resolution for the 12 stock piled Daily Tacos that disappeared last month.

If you read my post the context was not asking for personal compensation, but asking for an explanation for what they plan to do and an apology for all of us who have been affected.

My mistake for making a reasonable suggestion. I've gotten fitting compensation every time I've had a problem and filed a ticket. Maybe they just don't like you. I can't imagine why.