Ultron drop tile resolution order

ProfessorGumby
ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
On my turn, there were no possible matches, so the game did a "shuffle", and an Ultron drop tile wound up on the bottom row, and didn't detonate.

I thought that was odd... but cool... so I made my match expecting him to destroy that row and that drop tile on his next move.

WRONG! After my move, the drop tile resolved, then he destroyed the row, and had there been another drop tile in the row above, it would have resolved too.

So, it seems as if there are two times during Ultron's turn that the drop tiles resolve, before he destroys the row and after.

Working as intended?

Comments

• madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    It would be great if his special tiles locked in position during a system imposed shuffle.
  • Ir0nF1sh
    Ir0nF1sh Posts: 52 Match Maker
    On my turn, there were no possible matches, so the game did a "shuffle", and an Ultron drop tile wound up on the bottom row, and didn't detonate.

I thought that was odd... but cool... so I made my match expecting him to destroy that row and that drop tile on his next move.

WRONG! After my move, the drop tile resolved, then he destroyed the row, and had there been another drop tile in the row above, it would have resolved too.

So, it seems as if there are two times during Ultron's turn that the drop tiles resolve, before he destroys the row and after.

Working as intended?

This happened to me only the bomb went off. 2000 pts straight off before any matches. i fail to see how any of us are going to be able to reach the final Ultron prime round
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did have it happen where there was a cascade, and two black tiles ended up on the bottom row 1 space apart. Just above that was a black bomb tile. To match it away, I would have to slide the bomb down onto the bottom row, but right between the other two black tiles. I did this under the impression that the match would destroy the tiles, before it would register the bomb hitting the last row, but it didn't. It exploded the bomb instead of counting the match. icon_mad.gif

What order is all of this supposed to happen in? I thought matches would trump the effect of the tile because you are eliminating it unless it acts similar to a trap tile.
  • Twoslot
    Twoslot Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Well a Loki shuffle resulted in a bomb in the bottom row. It resulted in a match as well but apparently it checks for boom before match so it went off. Never had it shuffle the board in an ultron fight though. Guess I was just lucky. Maybe it gives you one chance to pull it out with a bagman/Loki/ock move since it wasn't put there by you.
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Twoslot wrote:
    Well a Loki shuffle resulted in a bomb in the bottom row. It resulted in a match as well but apparently it checks for boom before match so it went off. Never had it shuffle the board in an ultron fight though. Guess I was just lucky. Maybe it gives you one chance to pull it out with a bagman/Loki/ock move since it wasn't put there by you.

Just had something like this!

I was going to create a ticket, but i wasnt sure if this was expected behavior. I had a move i could make that would take out one bomb before it hit the bottom, but it would also immediately drop a second bomb to teh bottom of the board. the second bomb would have made a successful match 3 with black, but instead, it blew up. in my mind, the player turn isnt over until all matches are completed and any cascades are resolved. just because this is an Ultron bomb shouldnt make it any different. I have also had the board shuffle and move a bomb to the bottom row and not have it blow up as well. there was nothing i could do about it, so i ate that bomb as well. i would like to believe that these should be considered locked during a shuffle. it doesnt seem fair that i can be mitigating bomb drops fairly well and get exploded on a technicality.

It would be nice to know if the resolution order would be "check for match, then explode". i would see that as a clutch save from the heroes, but maybe not. I always like to imagine actual heroes fighting and i found it funny that OBW was right there when the bomb dropped, but was like "what do i do with this" and it explodes in her face.