Ultron vs. avengers reset on me!

Options
Kaazz
Kaazz Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
Finally dipped my toes in the ultron event waters, and wish I hadn't. I started the Ultron vs. Avengers sub, beat ultron and unlocked the essential nodes, and showed an 8 hr lock on ultron. Played the essential node with Cap, beat it, got rewards, and was kicked out to main event screen (with prologue, etc) Now my Ultron vs. Avengers sub is back to the beginning: ultron is unlocked and all the essentials are locked. What the tinykitty happened? This whole event is really screwed up!!!!

Comments

• Kaazz
    Options
    And now I'm back to ZERO events available -no PVE, no pvp, no dpdq, just prologue. Just take everything offline, FIX IT, and then let us start all over. This is frigging ridiculous!!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif
  • 4eric16
    4eric16 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same thing here! Been playing the last hour or so using health packs to beat it. It's very annoying. Just did 4 out of the 5 nodes then after beating ultron to access the 5th node it reset on me!! Please fix this!! Now I have to start over again to access the round 1 event icon_e_sad.gif
  • I've had the same problem. Every time I beat a mission, everything resets. Once I play ultron again, the missions are unlocked and it shows that I've earned x/4 rewards. But having to play ultron in between each mission isn't sustainable (not to mention super tedious). I've reported it but I'm not sure how widespread this bug is. Most of the threads seem to be talking about connection issues, not reset issues.
  • Kaazz
    Options
    I think this is how it's SUPPOSED to work? Not very intuitive to unlock the subnodes and then re lock them after every win. But this seems to be how the event works. Seems weird, but...
  • lockness
    lockness Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Kaazz wrote:
    I think this is how it's SUPPOSED to work? Not very intuitive to unlock the subnodes and then re lock them after every win. But this seems to be how the event works. Seems weird, but...

Actually, it is designed that way. The center node is designed to help defeat Ultron (along with damage points by your alliance mates) and will have a 8-hour cooldown period unless you play one of the outer nodes, which will override the 8-hour cooldown after a win so you can unlock the center node and do more damage to Ultron more frequently than every 8-hours. I don't think doing all the outer nodes is essential as it is having the opportunity to do the center node to run down Ultron's health to unlock the nodes in Prime sub-event. The devs didn't do a very good job in explaining the event in advance. Nor did they include a link on their splash page to their video explaining the event.

With all the bugs, time-outs, etc. I hope they offer this event again (without the bugs) and more time to coordinate with alliance as it takes all 20 members working together to unlock the nodes.
  • Thanks for the explanation guys. I had just assumed you had to beat all of the essential missions to progress. Everything makes more sense now.