Can you still get quicksilver progressions without round 1

anamosity
anamosity Posts: 87
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So connection to server has been sketchy. Round 1 just rolled to round 2 it seems so there is no way to have gotten progression points in that round. There are people in our alliance who haven't been able to join yet and we are now on round 4 with some folks at 86K. Do the people who can't join have any hope of getting all that progression token action once they can?

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ultron's health bar seems to be ramping up a good amount between rounds, so it should be no problem. We're at the end of Round 4 as well.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    But you're still limited to hitting the centre nodes 5x + 5 essentials then wait 8 hours. So the round could potentially be over for you before it refreshes. I read that round 1 only took 2 players to end, and round two was not that much more. Unless, it gets to above 20 very soon, a lot of members will miss out on several rounds. I seriously hope that after all the nodes in prime are unlocked, that the rounds keeps on going until the event ends in 4.5 days. That would allow the points to be earned by those that miss the earlier rounds.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    The essentials refresh when the Round updates.
  • Probably. The points for the center node are the most massive influx, and they are going up every round substantially. They started out at <4000 points. They are equivalent to Ultron's health in the node.

Without rounds 1-3 might be tougher, but just missing round 1 should be ok.
  • Round one Ultron had a 21k score for max progression, this will be the score from one fight alone soon enough.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Probably. The points for the center node are the most massive influx, and they are going up every round substantially. They started out at <4000 points. They are equivalent to Ultron's health in the node.

Without rounds 1-3 might be tougher, but just missing round 1 should be ok.

It was afternoon when event started for me, and by started I mean it was impossible to log in. It kept until midnight. When I woke up 8 hours later it was already on round FIVE. Sitting on 20k now. If you'd need to play all rounds then they created worse monster than what original time zones were.

And I do hope you can still beat on Ultron even if you destroy his health at Final. If not it means event have limited point pool and it creates another issue with some people in Alliance getting kittyblocked from rewards by overachievers taking your points. That's why I don't think he will ever be 'unfarmable', but this is D3 so who knows...
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just to reiterate what these guys are saying, round 6 ultron is worth about 20k, so 6 times is 120k. That's only going up as the event goes on, so if your alliance can get to round 7 or hopefully 8 you should have no problem.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two full clears of level 5-8 will get the 1M progression.
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    I missed round 2 and 3 due to RL and I'm still almost to 700k. My alliance is on round 7. I will easily hit the top progression. Plus, it seems that once round 8 is finished, the round 8 nodes will still refresh to allow for continued play until the event ends. So if you are behind, you should have plenty of time to catch up.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    I didn't manage to do much of round one due to server issues / time zone and sleep, and I didn't hit every node for round 2 or 3 (again, r/l stuff). I'm now in round 6, have 450,000 points, and will easily hit QS rewards if the trend of Ultron's health going up increases.

Round 1 was over in seconds, even without full alliance participation, so I can't imagine it's essential you completed that to reach higher rewards. Wouldn't stress about anything that happened in round 1. icon_e_wink.gif
  • I didn't get to start until round 5, but points seem to be increasing with each new Ultron, so who knows? If I succeed, great, but if I don't get there...well, I'll find covers eventually, right?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can repeat the last round indefinitely
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I missed round 2 because of server crashes and already got Quicksilver and my alliance is in round 7. There are a lot of points out there especially since you can do probably 4 clears a day.
  • simonsez wrote:
    You can repeat the last round indefinitely
    This means that nobody should miss out on progression rewards if their alliance can make it to round 8
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just thought I'll update this thread and mention that round 8 does not go on indefinitely. So ask your members who have reached 1 million to stop farming the points from other members