Solid first impression you guys are making

Good idea to advertise it heavily too so you get a ton of new players to see this happening

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Uh....it has nothing to do with this specific event. It happens EVERY TIME. Wait, is that better or worse than it being related to advertising?
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    ArkPrime wrote:
    Good idea to advertise it heavily too so you get a ton of new players to see this happening

0mob4Jr.jpg
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    Uh....it has nothing to do with this specific event. It happens EVERY TIME. Wait, is that better or worse than it being related to advertising?
    Are you kidding? You think this happens every pve?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like i am back playing Everquest after an update, trying to log in to raid.. trying every 30 seconds for hours sometimes...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    This used to happen all the time, I don't think it's happened much (at all?) since they introduced slices, so everyone joins at different times.

Before start I'm in-game chatting (wish I could now!) with alliance, at least half of them are there, anxious like myself to go. And I wrote in there: I wonder if everyone is as excited for this, if lots start at once I don't know if their servers can handle it. And lo it came to pass...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    ArkPrime wrote:
    They're trying to simulate the experience of waiting on line for 3 hours to get in to see the movie...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    This happens every time theres only one event start time.

Really you aren't missing much, just another grind in a different costume
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    ArkPrime wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:

im sure this had to do with the noon start time. there was never a noon start time to any event i can remember... Start at 1200 end at 0000
  • slidecage wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:

im sure this had to do with the noon start time. there was never a noon start time to any event i can remember... Start at 1200 end at 0000

I'm sure it had to do with a ton more players than they thought they would have. You know, the reason they themselves gave in the bugs thread
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Pour salt in the wounds why don't ya?

Clearly this means their marketing was HUGELY successful but are you really surprised that an online game people were hyped about had problems at the time of it's launch?
    Just add D3 to the list of hundreds of other games that couldn't maintain proper functioning server during peak overload volume times.
  • babinro wrote:

Clearly this means their marketing was HUGELY successful but are you really surprised that an online game people were hyped about had problems at the time of it's launch?
    Just add D3 to the list of hundreds of other games that couldn't maintain proper functioning server during peak overload volume times.

If they could, they should extend all events by a few hours, to make sure everyone can play.
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    babinro wrote:

If they could, they should extend all events by a few hours, to make sure everyone can play.

The extended time would be something, but based on the structure of this event, I'm not sure how helpful it would be overall?

I finally got in, and my alliance is on wave 4. With my 2* roster and a bunch of 1-5 cover 3*s, care to guess how that went? lol

I beat the first Ultron fight, so I might have done alright on 2, and perhaps 3, but yeah.

DBC
  • babinro wrote:

Sure. And yes, both big and small companies can screw up. And if I play their games, I'm willing to mock incompetence either way.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    ArkPrime wrote:

Dude, can you ONCE, just once stop with the hate? It's sickening seeing your and your pal arktos' bilious threads and posts polluting the forums. WE GET IT. You loathe the game and its creators but for some unfathomable reason you keep playing, maybe, if only to be able to run your mouths and jump onto every single possible issue the game has like starving vultures. Don't you have anything better to do with your lives than stalking a mobile game to prey onto every single little of its apparent or real failures?

Are you a wellspring of success? Have you never made a mistake in your life to give you the right to "mock" other people's "incompetence" and never let one slide? Because it looks to me that the biggest achievements in your lives are the upvotes that your little hateful pals give each other in each of these sad posts. More than being worried about new players experiencing the server issues, I'm concerned about them jumping on the forums and finding themselves knee-deep in this venomous mire that you and your kin make these forums be.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:

Dude, can you ONCE, just once stop with the hate? It's sickening seeing your and your pal arktos' bilious threads and posts polluting the forums. WE GET IT. You loathe the game and its creators but for some unfathomable reason you keep playing, maybe, if only to be able to run your mouths and jump onto every single possible issue the game has like starving vultures. Don't you have anything better to do with your lives than stalking a mobile game to prey onto every single little of its apparent or real failures?

Are a wellspring of success? Have you never made a mistake in your life to give you the right to "mock" other people's "incompetence" and never let one slide? Because it looks to me that the biggest achievements in your lives are the upvotes that your little hateful pals give each other in each of these sad posts. More than being worried about new players experiencing the server issues, I'm concerned about them jumping on the forums and finding themselves knee-deep in this venomous mire that you and your kin make these forums be.
    What a drama queen icon_e_biggrin.gif